Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T9

Announced Nov 1, 2005 •
jtuds

I was looking for the smallest camera possible to replace my 2 MP Kodak that is is about the size of a brick and is really not what I would consider portable because it cannot be pocketed and I don't enjoy wearing one of those really cool camera cases on my belt whenever I take it out. So, I was looking for 2 things, better zoom and small size. Megapixels is unimportant to me because anything I print off is no bigger than a 4x6 and most pictures will stay on my computer anyways. In my ...

torags

I couldn't get comfortable with the shutter button. Found real problems trying to press half way (big fingers). LCD screen colors are very disconcerting. Battery didn't last long.

lharris

I have about 12 cameras ranging from compacts to 2 dslrs and consider myself an enthusiast. I have several prosumers as well. I did not have a truly subcompact and had read a lot of good things about the T9. Even SonyStyle recommended it to me over the T30 and the N1. I also wanted IS. I have the F30, Casio P700, OlyC7000, Panny LX1 and TZ1 right now, e900, FZ5, Sony V1, Sony H1 and others. Much as I tried the T9 and invested in the T9 leather case and a duo stick anticipating I would love ...

chris33

This camera is simply stunning...! The only reason it doesn't get a 5-star rating for picture quality is you probably wouldn't believe me... Problems: None what so ever.

Great Camera - SONY is really listening to its Customers. I have taken a number of test images for your review. These images have been captured with SONY's DSC-T9 camera, with no out-of-camera post image processing other than cropping, and no Photoshop work whatsoever. The Camera's internal settings generally are: Program mode with Sharpness and Saturation both turned up one tick for images to DSC00043; For images DSC00044 and over, the Saturation remains up one tick, the sharpness setting ...

Andy G

One thing that is very good is the LCD screen. If you compare the Sony T9 to Canon's latest SD630 the Canon's screen looks so bad - less pixels and an extremely soft image. The Sony screen is smaller but with more pixels and much much sharper & clearer. If you put the cameras side by side the Canon LCD looks terrible.

I had about 6 different digital small cameras, Panasonic, Nikon, and a few cybershots from Sony and let me tell you that this small digital camera is one of the "best" I had, its small and comfortable to carry anywhere and excellent pictures!! Problems: None what so ever!!

Compared to the T1, this camera is quite an upgrade. The image stabilizer works quite well for such a small camera. Compared to many other pocket cameras, this camera needs much improvement though. Problems: One of the biggest problems with this camera is that the flash is too close to the lens, this causes major red-eye and also causes unwanted reflections. The auto whitebalance is not correct under indoor lighting and there is no manual setting that can correct this. Also, the speaker is ...

satorib

Excellent pocket cam, with IS. Small enough to take anywhere comfortably. I had an older T1 and this camera improves upon it in every respect. Better images, flash, and ISO performance. Problems: No.

Best overall subcompact, with the addition of higher ISO, cleaner lower ISO and image stabilization. Problems: None.