Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S70

Announced Feb 2, 2000 •

I have had this camera for a year now and absolutely love it. I had a Kodak before and the batteries were junk and you couldn't capture anything when you wanted it, it was so slowww. This DSC70 camera with a Epson photo 870 I can print 8x10 myself that even my photography (35mm) buddies can't tell apart. Problems: had to buy a 64meg stick

I have had this camera for exactly one year. I have NOT shot one frame of 35mm since the day I unpacked this camera. I would have liked controls that made more sense (like my Nikon N60 and its simple command dials) but I am so happy with the camera overall that I could care less. Also, the camera is very solid. I have carried mine in a backpack for the whole year I have owned it. Just keep it charged and the lens clean. Problems: 1. Keep an eye on overexposure. It has a very strong flash. 2. ...

this is a very nice little camera. the quality of pictures you get is excellent except for shots that contain contrast situations. for instance a shaded area in a sunlit scene. indoor pictures are on the whole very good.

I returned it after 3 days... I was really happy with the features and image quality of the pictures until I found out that: . you CANNOT shot TIFF pictures at the resolution you set, they will just come out at the maximum resolution of 2048x1536 resulting in a file of 9.2MB and 30 secs. of "recording" time . you CANNOT choose JPEG compression ratio and the one for 640x480 is too high. I'll have to wait for the S85 ;^( Bye nIc Problems: none

This camera takes great pictures outdoors. I have taken about 21,000 shots so far since September 2000. The memory sticks have performed with no problems so far. The most pictures I was able to take in a memory stick is 994 in a 64 MB stick at low resolution. Problems: it does not focus on the objects well if the camera is on for long periods of time

The pics are really good mainly using the macro capability. The control of speed or aperture is very good. If you want to learn how to take pics with all resources of an almost full professional camera, this is an excellent choice. And remember that you don't need to wait and pay to see your pics.

I've had my S70 for 3 months now. I replaced an early model Fuji which I bought to see if digital was for me. The S70 is an awesome machine. It handles everything I throw at it and comes back with beautiful pictures. I highly reccomend this camera or it's cousin the S75 which purportedly has a few minor upgrades. Problems: The flash seems to wash out the subject. I use the flash reduction and it helps. The aftermarket wide angle and the telephoto are nice but their housings impede with the flash.

I thought results like I've had from this camera would still be years off or prohibitively expensive. I have never taken a good picture with a convensional film camera, yet with the S70 I've taken some pictures even I like! A great piece of kit. For some pics taken with the S70 goto http://www.themagnolias.co.uk Problems: Condensed moisture on the inside on the lens in cold weather. Keep the camera in a dry place, perhaps with silica gel packets, when not in use? Also the driver supplied does ...

I love the camera. I would not trade it for anything. Problems: I have Win ME and the drivers will not install. I have tried to get the patch, I even purchased another MGI Cd that was supposed to work. Alas I need help to solve this problem. There must be an answer somewhere

Holly

I absolutely LOVE this camera! My wife and I joke that this camera is our child! I take it with me everywhere...you never know when a good picture may be available to take! I am a youth minister and a teacher, and this camera never leaves my side. I value image quality EXTREMELY high and this little baby delivers! Outdoor shots really show off the camera's abilities. Indoor shots take a bit of experimenting to get the shot just right but...isn't that the fun part of photography? I have ...