Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S60

Announced Feb 19, 2005 •

My Sony P52 broke down after 2,5 years of use and about 5400 pictures. After some considerations I decided to buy the S60, as second camera tot our Nikon D50. I didn't want to spend to much money, and the S60 offers a lot. Now I have used it a couple of weeks, I'm very impressed by the features of this compact camera. It is really easy to use, the pictures are marvellous, I love the close-up facility, and the format makes it very easy to take it with me. Very good value for money.

The DSC-S60 is a good camera but not the best in its class because it has limited manual controls. The image quality and battery life are very good. However it only has two aperture setting in manual mode. I could not find a way to do aperture compensation. Overall, it is a good P&S camera but you can get the full-feature Canon A520 for the same money. The DSC-S60 image quality is similar to that of the A520. Problems: None

Person

I have owned the DSC-S60 for almost 4 months now, and 4,500 pictures later, I have to say I'm quite satisfied with the lil bugger. Although it isn't the perfect camera out there, it will satisfy any beginning photographer's needs. It's smaller than a normal size wallet, and will easily fit in your pocket, so anyone looking for a portable, everyday camera will love this one. The camera feels kind of "plastic-y", but don't let the feel fool you- I've dropped it numerous times on tiled floors ...

Fotokor

Paid 80$US for s6 to a friend and spent another $100 for the 1Gig Stick:-) No problem camera and fits my pocket 24hrs ! Movie mode at 30fps was the most attractive to me..... Problems: none yet

I am extremely impressed with this camera. I was looking to get a digital camera for the past few weeks and I looked at the Sony S40, S60, S90, W5 and W7 at my local Circuit City store. I took numerous pictures in the store with each camera and found that the pictures from the S60 and S90 looked better than the others with more accurate color and since I don't ever plan to print anything any bigger than 8 1/2" X 11", the 4.1 megapixels are more than enough for me. The only difference between ...

I have had this camera for about a week and so far it rocks!!! I looked at different brands and i finally chose this one.I just wanted something to carry with me instead of lugging around my heavy f100.Nothing will take the place of my 35mm but so far i am happy with it.Looking forward to taking lots more shots . Problems: None so far

I'm very pleased with this little camera. The lens has little to no vignetting, is sharp throughout the image including the corners, and is sharp throughout its zoom range. The 30 second exposure capability is wonderful, and has allowed me to take some impressive aurora photos. The S60 is also a very quick camera! The auto focus is really fast and very accurate. All in all, I'm very glad I got it! Problems: None.

Dgcam

Excellent camera - good shape and feel in the hand (no sO small as to be awkward with my larger hands). Good lense, produces good image with very good color rendition. Red eye reduction is very effective except when zoom is at its tightest setting in dark room - common on all zoom cameras. Fast startup & shutter, long battery life with rechargable AAs, and good size LCD are all great benefits. Also, ability to crop, resize, and rotate image on board the camera is very handy! Hard to beat ...