Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S40

Announced Feb 19, 2005 •
Cattel

Nice model which take the image very fast. I´m unhappy regarding the missing TV-out port on the camera. Also the SONY memory stick PRO card doesn´t work into other memory stick devices, such as my camcorder. Problems: TV-out Memory Stick PRO card works only in ´PRO´ devices not on normal memory stick devices.

rick

LCD IS NOT working!. Sony has a fix for three cameras slightly older , my dsc s40 has exact same problem as the ones sony is fixing..as almost a spite to acknowledge the same chip is in this camera Sony refuses to fix mine. Call that horrible customer service, If your camera is failing complain online and to Sony maybe they will fix their errant chip also. Problems: Not again, I learned my lesson and there were other problems with other cameras like H2 and A100.

I have had at least 12 point and shoot cameras. I take a great many pictures which are used for smugmug galleries and for use in Quicktime multimedia presentations. My cameras must be ready to use quickly while bicycling and hiking. They must be small and durable. I use the 640x480 movie mode more and more often. My favorite camera has been a Canon A300. I bought this Sony camera for it's shot to shot times and the hope that it would have a longer reaching flash. I have not been ...

Great pictures, compact, easy to use, nice set of features, automated lens cover, reliable. Good value. Problems: None

- Note: I got this camera with a 512 MB card - something I would recommend. Feature filled camera at an outstanding price. The Carl Ziess lens is awesome, and takes great photos. The digital zoom worried me(x2), but the smart zoom (up to 10x) is amazing for a 4MP camera. I think the digital zoom also steers beginners of zooming in on every shot and deteriating the quality of the image. The movie mode is also great - 30 frames per second, and unlimited time. PLaback zoom, trim, and resize is ...

Awesome small camera and great bang for buck Problems: none