Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S30

Announced Feb 2, 2000 •

As a sub-professional camera, this is the most amazing camera ever made. I have used this camera for thousands and thousands of photos over 3 years now. Comparing it to the dozens of cameras I used from friends, and the dozens of cameras I have seen and examined in stores, I honestly say there is no better camera yet (thru 2003, despite possibly the s50 and s70). The swivel LCD screen is absolutely brilliant, the rechargable battery is far superior to AAs, and the pictures are crisper and ...

An excellent camera, i bought it now and i am very happy with the camera, i bought a 64MB memory stick and that is enough. Excellent quality, excellent battery, excellent LCD. Problems: Must have light in the dark to take pictures, not to take pictures nut to see in lcd. I´'m having problems with USB port, could have another kind of port avaible.

The DSC-S30 is worth the money. I don't print many pictures but I love to use it for emailing photos and viewing them on the tv. The Cybershot has been a big hit at parties since a still-image camera is less intruding than a video camera. Problems: None

Very good features and image quality for the money. I was also suprised at how many pictures I could fit on the 4mb stick on the lowest resolution setting. Problems: The LCD screen is very clear, but sometimes a bit hard to see in low light indoor conditions.

Awesome first digital camera. The macroscopic focus feature allows great close ups, which I use to take pictures of specimens in my college science labs. I even use this camera to take pictures through a compound microscope (w/o using an adapter). The rechargable infolithium batteries and other features are worth the extra money!!! Problems: None

I've been researching this camera online for sometime now and the features really cought my eye. Although the online reviews and galleries were a bit biased to the more expensive models of the dsc-s**. I finally wanted a first hand look at the camera so I went to the store and checked it out. The first thing that discouraged me was the small size of it, I don't like compact things all that much. I tried out the camera and was completely impressed by it right away. I bought it on the spot. I ...