Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S30

Announced Feb 2, 2000 •

I love it but when it broke I was very disappointed because I bought it not even a year ago. I thought Sony was a good product. Problems: I am having Memory Stick Error and called Sony and they can't help me. Told me to send in the camera and 186.00. Not feeling too good about the the sony camera. I purchased it in 02/17/01. Already have problems.

Edik

I use dsc-s30 one year. Last Sunday I turned it on and it makes only 15 sec movie. I can't open menu /just whight simbols, like wrong encoding/. If somebody knows how to reset it. Thanks

Great camera, especially in outdoor setting. Color and resolution are breathtaking at times. Hard to view the LCD in direct sunlight so would appreciate a physical viewfinder. Problems: Like other reviewers, don't appreciate that I can't get drivers for Win 95. Works fine with my home computer (was 98, now XP) but will not install for my work laptop (win 95, and my IS dept would kill me if I tried to upgrade.)

You can enable Mpeg movie mode on this camera, more info at http://syste.ms/s30mod/index.html The overall construction of most Sony cameras has this plastic feel which isn't what I favor, but it's really performance that counts. At the $270 price range it's indoor picture quality is above average. Lots of focus and exposure control and the swivel LCD display is really useful when you find yourself holding the camera straight up and above everybody else in a crowd. Otherwise the camera ...

I purchased the Sony DSC S30 and used it for 3 weeks. I own a Olympus D340R. The reason I purchased the Sony was for the zoom. The camera has a lot of features but on automatic settings, the indoor flash pictures are dark and poor quality. Outdoor pictures come out great but not having a view finder forces you to use the screen. On sunny and or bright snowy days, the screen is hard to impossible to use. I returned the Sony DSC S30 and ordered the Olympus D460Z. I have used the D450Z. ...