Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S30

Announced Feb 2, 2000 •

As a sub-professional camera, this is the most amazing camera ever made. I have used this camera for thousands and thousands of photos over 3 years now. Comparing it to the dozens of cameras I used from friends, and the dozens of cameras I have seen and examined in stores, I honestly say there is no better camera yet (thru 2003, despite possibly the s50 and s70). The swivel LCD screen is absolutely brilliant, the rechargable battery is far superior to AAs, and the pictures are crisper and ...

I love it but when it broke I was very disappointed because I bought it not even a year ago. I thought Sony was a good product. Problems: I am having Memory Stick Error and called Sony and they can't help me. Told me to send in the camera and 186.00. Not feeling too good about the the sony camera. I purchased it in 02/17/01. Already have problems.

josh bo

I owned the camera for 16 months and took many pictures. I have never had any problem with it. Recently I gave it to my friend as a gift. You know what? after trying serveral other cameras, I want to buy it again. Unluckily, I couldn't find one in my local stores.

This is my first DC which I pruchased for only $200 on ebay. I love this camera. It has soooo many features and kewl things it does. My friends love it too. I love the B&W and sepia settings. The battery life is compared to none. All the other cameras with AA batteries are not worth the hassel. It last about 2.5 hours and can take over 300 pix easy on a single charge set at 640. I cranked out some $$ for a 128 MB stick but it is worth it. You wanna take pic after pic after pic. Love ...

Everything is good except the quality of pictures which are not sharp enough. Problems: No problem.

I have used my S30 for about 14 months (approximately 1200 pictures) and have been extremely satisfied. Mostly it has been used for snapshots that I post on the Internet. Resolution: The 1.3 megapixel resolution is sufficient for anything short of making large prints. I think many people spend too much money on a camera thinking they need 3 - 5 megapixels when 1 megapixel is plenty adequate for the average amateur photographer. Zoom: The 3X optical zoom is nice - I would like to see 6X but ...

Great all around camera that outclasses more expensive cameras, cool hidden mpeg mode, although no sound. Unbeliveble this camera will take 388 good quality(1024x760) pictures or over 750 low quality (640x480) pictures with a 128 MB memory stick, wow!!! The swivel mount lcd is also a great help when taking weird angle pics. I have had this camera for 2.5 years now and as long as it dose not break I will never need another digital camera. Problems: The only problem I found was when I ...

Unknown

I really liked this camera and now all i am trying to do is remove the small screw on the mode switcher. I can't seem to find a small enough screwdriver

An excellent camera, i bought it now and i am very happy with the camera, i bought a 64MB memory stick and that is enough. Excellent quality, excellent battery, excellent LCD. Problems: Must have light in the dark to take pictures, not to take pictures nut to see in lcd. I´'m having problems with USB port, could have another kind of port avaible.

Edik

I use dsc-s30 one year. Last Sunday I turned it on and it makes only 15 sec movie. I can't open menu /just whight simbols, like wrong encoding/. If somebody knows how to reset it. Thanks