Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P9

Announced Mar 12, 2002 •

Excellent all round camera, easy to use and small enought to take everywhere in your jacket pocket. Packed with features - and takes great movies as well. I am using an HP 130 photoprinter which gives me prints like they came from Kodak. Last night I took some views over the marina using the twilight mode and the results were amazing. I am not a professional but my pictures look like they came out of a studio. Highly recopmmended Problems: None at all.

Art Voss

Macro mode? Very good camera, but on this site it says that the minimum macro distance is 4cm, but on other sites it states 10cm. What's been your experience. In my experience, it is probably 10cm. Other than that, a very small portable camera. Problems: I unfortunately listened to the review on this site and I'm disappointed since I needed a macro mode minimal distance less than 10cm. Otherwise great.

Very impressive indeed!. I spent a long time going through the reviews, trying them in the shops and found that NONE of the cameras currently on offer is perfect! This, however, is the **best** ultracompact around. This one provides very good images, is easy to use and is robust. I like the fact that you dont have to take out the battery every time to recharge it - and that the info-lithium system tells you exactly how much shooting time you have left And that the red-eye problem is ...

Somme toute un bon appareil,un format ideal pour quelqu'un qui recherche un appareil compact,une belle construction et un feeling solide. D'un autre coté un appareil trop cher pour la qualité des images.Trop souvent mal exposé et surtout hors focus. En général des images terne et sans vie.

I have had the P1 (What a nightmare) and the P9 that was a exchange (Long Story). Well though the p9 is better, it is by no means a great camera. As any compact camera there are some tradeoffs. And this camera's main trade off is performance in low light, flash, and picture quality. Also there are no manual controls and the manual focus I find not very useful Problems: Problems Picture quality in flash conditions is not very good. Get a lot of grainy and overexposed pictures. Sometimes the ...

I would say it's impressive for such small camera can delivery high quality pixs. Problems: Battery life is short. Expensive.

Forget the negative reviews of this camera against others such as the (much larger) Cannon S40 - the Sony P9 rocks. Image quality is great for an ultrcompact camera. My golden rule with photography is : If you want the shot you first must have the camera with you - which is much more likely with a camera of this size... Another great feature of this camera is the unlimited MPEG HQX - limited only by the size of your memory stick. With Sony announcing a 4Gb stick by 2005 - you'll be able to ...

Performs as expected - very handy thanks to its compact format. Very good image quality. Indoor photo's with flash need sometimes re-take. Little bit too expensive - larger memory stick should have been included. I'm a happy customer.

My first digital camera after my standard Pentax P30 SLR packed in. All I can say is "Thank you Sony" ! I love this little camera (little being the word). I always shop around but maybe its just me, but I always end up buying a Sony product. Small, stylish, very easy to use & pictures very VERY GOOD !! Problems: No problems as yet !

Soo

So far, I like my camera. I had a 1.3 mp camera before and this was definitely a step up. I knew I would be sacrificing certain features for the compact size which is fine. Perhaps one day, I will move up to an SLR-style digital camera. Problems: The open/close looks and sounds a little odd. Indoor shots without the flash and in poor light look grainy. The plastic cap that covers the ac and usb ports is flimsy enough that it almost forces you to buy the accessories (battery charger, memory ...