Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72

Announced Feb 24, 2003 •

Acquire my P73 in mid 2004, complemented the P93 so my wife and i had access to a camera each. I still use the P73 as I have the 40M marine pack for it, and when its holiday time it goes in the luggage with my D90 and D300S, without fail. It produces better images in terms of noise and colour fringing than my current W115 or my sons W220. The only reason I dont use the P72 more is its size, the W115 fits in the top pocket of my suit when on business trips. Problems: Faster than the P92 but ...

qball

Great photos. Clear lens too. Camera is well built, and has a nice array of program setting including photos effects.

spake01

This is great for a typical point-and-shoot camera. If you need something to stick in your pocket and take shots of family and such and you don't want to worry about settings - then this camera will suffice. Problems: Blurry images indoors without the flash on (which typically washes out the pictures). Limited controls. Auto-focus doesn't work well without the flash enabled indoors.

I had the dsp p72 for over a year and was relatively happy. Now, because I'm a camera newbie, and I'm just learning for now, but I did start noticing that lots of my shots were producing blurred photos (I have kids, lots of action shot or just plain old restless kids). I'd say that atleast half of my shots would result in a person or part of a person being blurry. Still shots were not a problem Next came the image quality. Now, my previous point and shot (non-digital) was a yashica w/ carl ...

I got DSC P72 for $ 230 USD when first week it on Bestbuy , but now you can buy for $ 150-180 USD , with 3Megapixels ? not really big picture but very good for print with my Canon i850 - 8.5x11" , I got alot nice picture from P72 But now I have F828 , I give P72 to my mom , she really like it , it very easy to use with auto mode , some of my Photo at > http://goto.jorjae.com?258978 Problems: some time got noise when dark green , brown color

I have a Canon A-70 for about two months. I took about 1000 pics already. My brother just got the P-72. I was happy for him. He got a new dell on the same day. I set up his cam, computer and his new cable modem all in one day. He was a really happy techie that day. Anyway, I am happy with my A-70. I was hoping that his P-72 would take as nice a pic as my A-70. I played with all of the settings on his P72. I was really disappointed. The flash was low on all indoor shots from more than 4 feet ...

Pefact camera for beginers as there is all autofunctions. Good Pictures even badlight. Problems: There is no manual adjustment for sutter speed & dot per inch

nck

overall good for average shooting requirement. A bit costly compared with other compatible products. Problems: cannot upload photos from PC back to MS.

Unfortunately a 1/2,7 ccd Size instead of a 1/1,8 as announced at Sony-europe website. Brought this camera after returning a Powershot (lousy Canon) A60. Ready to try out the all known Quality Vs Price that Sony usually offers the users. I'm most satisfied, except for the fact that this camera doesn't have a 1/1,8 ccd size as mentioned in www.sony-europe.com. Rather it has a regular 1/2,7 which in my view explains the over-normal granules in images as well as the somehow low-sharp images. BE ...

Could someone be nice and post a few shots of either P72 or P8, with real close macro. I'm about buying one of those, but i can't find anything on the web. So, please, owners of those cams, leave a few shot on a photo website, and repost the adress here please. Here in Europe (Luxembourg), Sony has problems with delivery, they aren't here yet ! THX a Lot