Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72

Announced Feb 24, 2003 •

Excellent camera for beginner and amateur photographers. Easy to use menu, well designed navigation buttons, perfect pictures and fast operation will turn photographing into a joy! 3-4 seconds - from switching on to taking first shot. I have chance to compare it with Nikon 2100 and 3100 both of them saves to CF memory slowly than SONY to memory stick in equivalent image size. Battery life is longer also. I took about 200-250 photos without charge (used flash and preview sometimes). There're ...

Pefact camera for beginers as there is all autofunctions. Good Pictures even badlight. Problems: There is no manual adjustment for sutter speed & dot per inch

This is a great camera for the money, and the video quality is better than I expected, although you can't zoom during video (must zoom in or out before you start), and the video gets grainy in low light. The still pics are excellent in low light, even without flash. Problems: I don't like the cheap design of the rubber USB port cover, which is also a finger-grip. I can live with this small flaw for such a great overall camera.

I can never find a camera that fits perfectlyin my hand, tend to take pictures with one hand. I've tried many cameras, its either the camera is too light & i shake while pressing the button, its too small for my fingers to smoothly navigate around the camera or its too heavy to hold & snap the camera with one hand. Well there is a Camera God. hahaha. this camera ofers what I need with crisp colors, instant review of the picures I just took. In all this camera Is perfect. Problems: Only ...

nck

overall good for average shooting requirement. A bit costly compared with other compatible products. Problems: cannot upload photos from PC back to MS.

Unfortunately a 1/2,7 ccd Size instead of a 1/1,8 as announced at Sony-europe website. Brought this camera after returning a Powershot (lousy Canon) A60. Ready to try out the all known Quality Vs Price that Sony usually offers the users. I'm most satisfied, except for the fact that this camera doesn't have a 1/1,8 ccd size as mentioned in www.sony-europe.com. Rather it has a regular 1/2,7 which in my view explains the over-normal granules in images as well as the somehow low-sharp images. BE ...

I tried out about 20 different digital cameras. This is the most intuitive camera I have ever tried. I had nearly every feature on this camera figured out in mere minutes. I was more confused AFTER I read the manual. (Really, the manual is a little confusing. Just play around with the camera and save yourself the hassle) A very useful, very stylish, camera. I've been extremely happy with my purchase. Problems: A little pricey. That's the only problem.

Beez

this is my first digital camera. i am very satisfied with this camera and i strongly recommend to those first timer! i was deciding between Sony P72 and Olympus C350. Very obviously, Sony one has a much better quality in terms of its overall feel and picture quality. It's also made in Japan (if you're particular). also there are much more useful functions than the Olympus one. it's very user-friendly too. Another feature that i like is shooting videos (with good-quality sound) continuosly for ...

I have a Sony DSC-P72 and a 256mb sony memory stick pro (value $149) for sell. Asking price for both is $400. I bough it 4 weeks ago, but short on money now. The camera has only been used for a few times and 256mb memory stick pro is perfect. I am in California and can only ship within USA. Contact me at tonyusa2000@yahoo.com if interested.

Stephen

I upgraded my P71 to the P72 and have no regrets I find that it has a better picture quality then the former, also has nicer feel a bit small size is just right I am very happy with this DSC, my only moan is that the rubber part where you connect the USB is a bit flimsy and I am concerned that won't last long. On the whole this is an excellant cam and a clear winner in my view. Guys forget cannon just go and take a look at this Problems: the supplied software could be better