Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72

Announced Feb 24, 2003 •

Excellent point and shoot camera now available for around £130 a good first camera, and very good images,features? enough for a camera in this price range, very good flash coverage.Dont like the rubber flaps covering the sockets Problems: none

frcfyp

the p72 is a great camera that allows anyone to take good photos easily in any condition. it is so user friendly that anybody can take good photos without even consulting any user manual or photographic book. Once the beginner starts to learn about exposure, iso, etc, he can still change those settings if he likes. The p72 uses AA-size batteries, which means they can be easily replaceable, unlike those li-ion batteries which are expensive to replace once they reach the end of their ...

Bought this one last month for around € 200 and added a 256 Memorystick Pro (Sandisk) for just € 77... Excellent camera. Easy to use, enough manual settings, great pictures. Menu's are fast and easy to access. I like the fact that the autofocus / shutterlag is reasonably fast compared to other digital camera's. Batteries are excellent as well. The two AA 2100 mAh batteries last long, but I added another pair just in case. Problems: I've had a couple of times problems with the camera where it ...

sarahb

Bad experience with this one. Bought this camera online, because I had an older cybershot that had been great. 2 months after purchase (and careful handling) all of the buttons on the back stopped working. It was immediately after connecting it to my laptop and transferring photos over. Every button on the back was completely useless - pushing them brought no results at all. So I could take photos, just couldn't change any settings. Tried resetting it to factory and was on the phone with tech ...

I have a 717 but wanted a good pocket camera for everyday shots. This camera met all my expectations and more. The lcd is crisp and the shots are bright and laser sharp. The autofocus assist lamp works great in low light, I cant believe anyone would buy a camera without it. and this camera can even take no flash shots with a steady hand. 2 meg shots blow up great to 5X7 with no grain at all. I cant tell some of the shots from my 717. Problems: Wish I had bought it earlier.

The Sony DCS P-72 This is my first digital camera. I am so far satisified with this camera. Pros & Cons + Design is good + Blade Sharp images + Macro ability and sharpness is good + secondary functions i.e. movie clips, Burst2, motion clips are nice + Compared to other cameras setting is really good (focus, white bal, flash etc.) + AF is fast - Some of the settings(not all !) gets changed to normal after taking one snap. Each time you need to set it. - Macro photos not upto satisfaction - ...

I encountered a lot of reviews that said : canon A 70 is better than sony dsc p 72 but i think this are paid reviews because i found a lot of them on so many sites.I even found the same review(word by word) posted by the same user.Before you belive those reviews try to look at the features of those cameras.In my opinion sony p 72 is a better choice but you could always belive a paid review.Just try to find a proffesional opinion from someone you trust. Problems: Nothing is perfect

After using a SLR camera for many years I'm now using this small digital camera. It's nice to use. The fash is good enough for most indoor situations and the batteries last quite long. We always use the little preview screen to take the pictures and almost never use the viewfinder. A little biger preview screen would me nice. The pictures are very good, specialy outdoor pictures. Problems: The MemoryCard deliverd with the camera is to small.

buy it for £185 / $150 Great camera Fantastic value for money. dont know if you guys can do this as most of you seem to be in the US but on amazon.co.uk you can get this camera for £185 with a free sony case and delivery. that is roughly $140/$150 much cheaper than you guys seem to be paying! always thought the US was cheaper too?? oh and got a 128 memory stick for £40 from unbeatable.co.uk

Great camera for a great price and love the movie. Bought in Australia with a duty free price of $425 which equates to approx US$300. (Going to US for a holiday in Dec) Problems: Only gripe is the stingy 16MB stick but I will be buying a 256MB in US.