Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P71

Announced Feb 20, 2002 •

Bought the camera 2 weeks ago and had yet to find its place in the drawer........ 'cuz it's handy and just too much fun. Many things to play with...night scene(2 sec shutter)...solarize image...movie....exposure adjustment etc. I love it! Problems: No sound recording. Would be a step closer to perfection if it has that. The centre button on the four-way switch is cumbersome (even for my smaller than average fingers).

Howdy, This was a place holder camera untill things get fleshed out on a few issues in the Digital Camera area. Yet, I found this camera to be above my expectations. Has cool "toy" features, movies and is quite small but easy to hold. Problems: No sound for the movies...why? The cost of a mike? The AF assist light is distracting to all subjects but trees.

Bought camera for my wife. I have the 707. Easy to use with plenty of point/shoot features. I personally like the memory stick. AA NIMH battery excellent time of use. After first charge I took 212 flash pictures and two 11 minute movies (NO SOUND!!) before needing to recharge. Overall very satisfied with camera, Problems: No sound and difficulty with the 4 way toggle switch. Hard to press the center to activate functions and really would like it to be easier to delete a picture without ...