Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P7

Announced May 29, 2002 •

I've owned the camera for a couple of years at least. I have no real issues with the quality of the photos, only minor purple fringing at times. The pictures usually turn out much better than expected. Cycle time from power up to first picture and between pictures is excessively slow. Time between flash pictures is unbelievably slow (sometimes 10 seconds). Shutter press to picture recording can be 3 seconds. I press the button and then count to 3. But it is an older camera. However... Problems: ...

Is a very good camera but has two cons: Sometimes the pictures are a little dark and it takes some time to take the following pictures using flash, in ocations it make take 5 or 6 seconds. Overall is a very good, sturdy and compact camera. I do recomend it.

What a great little pocket camera. I am surprised to see how good the images come out. This is my daughters camera and she puts out images to rival my 5MP camera which is not bad for a ten year old. Problems: None

I have this camera since over than 6 months. I use it in all types of conditions and the quality of pics is more than good. I have already took over 3000 pics and most of them are really on the top. Even using MACRO. The P7 is really fast to took pics and you need less than one second to be make one new pics if you need. It isn't the case with a lot of others cameras (same price level). The movie quality when use HQX is one nice surprice when you look the results for the first time. The flash ...

bullka

very good and handy thing. I like it. easy to use (even for girls:)). metallic case - rulz. fine design. Problems: not shure about the quality of focus and sharpness in default settings. lack of manual controls.

I was attracted to this camera because of it's compact size, easy menu navigation, and unlimited video mode. As a travel toy, it was wonderfully convenient. The pictures were crystal clear. The video was okay as a documentation tool, but a tripod is needed. Because of its protected LCD, this model is superior to the P71. Problems: Using the optical viewfinder, like a normal camera, caused my pictures to be cut off on the left in landscape and at the top in portrait. Objects I had centered in ...

belair59

I personally love this camera. Just purchased it (about a month ago) and have been thoroughly impressed. First time doing digital photography and it's working out great. I opted for the P7 just because I wanted the sound option during mpegs. If you are looking for a great camera, opt for this one. Problems: Stock memory stick is a bit small, so I opted for a larger one.

Great camera, small, amazing pictures, great features and pretty good price! very happy with it. Problems: None yet.

-=I love this camera=- Exelent camera, easy to use, nice looks! You wil need to buy an extra battery because it won't last long. Problems: Nil

chic971

For a beginner photographer this is the camera to use. I am pretty happy with it, just read the user manual to figure what all the buttons are for and off you go. Picture quality is great. To change all the options is easy. Problems: Deleting pictures: wish there was a button to select a few pictures and delete all at once instead of individually one by one. Once you upload onto your computer it's okay and you can just reformat the memory stick but other than that you have to press the ...