Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P51

Announced Feb 20, 2002 •
R@zzle

The Sony P51 is my first digital camera. I researched the market before I bought, and the video out feature was the clinching point in the end. I feel I have made the right chioce for my needs. The picture quality is ample for what I wanted - which was to replace my point and shoot 35mm, and have some digital features. I feel there are more than enough options for basic use including focus modes, digi effects, image trimming etc. Very happy with my purchase and 6x4 prints are excellent Problems:

Not bad. First digital camera I owned, but not the first I used. Menu Options are pretty easy after reading the manual for no more than 5 minutes. And it seems there are a lot of them for the price of this gadget. I didn't like the night pictures it took, found them to have too much red, especially if I tried to take somewhat scenic shots in the dark.. also wish I had a tripod. Flash rather weak, but I didn't expect much more. Daytime pictures turned out pretty well on full auto, though ...

Virgis

All auto functions are working OK. Easy to use. Better picture quality as Canon Ixus - only little problems with green pictures (but focus OK). Problems: No manual White Balance - all pictures are "green" . "Set" buttion shuld be separetly (problems to set functions OK). Some noise without flash in dark scenes.

Pek

Fantastic value/money ratio. This camera joins the good price of a 2 MPixels-2xZoom with some really good features belonging most of times to more expensive cameras. The quailty image is very good. However, in low lightning situations the photo may appear noisy if you don't use flash o some manual adjustments. The construction is good. It's quite small and light and the materials used are right for what it costs, not like some other cameras, that actually seem toys (i.e. Kodak 3600). The ...

This is my first digital camera, and I've made the right choice. The camera is very solid, with enough specs for a novice like me. The quality of the pics is great, and you don't have to worry about almost anything, 'cause this machine do the service. Just turn it on and take pictures. Problems: - not a great optical zoom, but is not bad at all - Need an "ok" button, instead of pushing the center of the D pad, to confirm menus.

To begin, I'd just like to say that I am very happy with this camera. It's suits my needs as a beginning photographer very well -but it is by no means a 'pro-consumer camera.' I believe that the camera is solidly constructed (even though it is a plastic body). It feels very sturdy and well constructed. An aluminum body like the P9 would obviously be more appealing, but I can't expect much more than high-grade plastic from a sub-300 dollar camera. I'd rate the feature set of the camera as ...

I got it from goodguys.com for $254.(Plus I got a free Dazzle USB reader/writer, but the promotion is over.) The color is quite natual. Small to fit my poket. The picture is as good as the other 2.0 camera. At this price, it is as good as I can expect. I got 200 pictures out of one set of batteries which is not bad at all. Problems: You have to set the energy saver to "off". Otherwise the flash setting keep getting back to off positon. Optic zoom is only 2X.

very good Problems: not enuff storage space