Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P51

Announced Feb 20, 2002 •

This stopped working after 2 years and to repair I would have to pay more than half the cost. This issue has been happening to a lot of the p51 users.

redmag

This isn't that bad of a camera when you first pull it out of the box. It felt nice in my hands and actually worked quite well for the first couple of weeks. After that was when the problems started to occur, thankfully I had paid for an extended 3 year warranty, so that saved my rear-end. It took some nice photos, as long as they were outdoor, but even then, the noise level seemed a little too high, but who am I to say? Heck, every digital camera has it's ups and downs, this just ...

einie

Camera worked as advertised for the first three months, which is the full labor/parts warranty. Then the problems began. Problems: Two weeks after the full warranty ran out the remaining battery indicator quit working and the control button got real loose. Sony wants over half the cost of a new camera to fix the problems.

Sony tried to pack too many features into this camera, sacrificing image quality. The pictures were very grainy and not clear at all. The construction is very cheap and the buttons feel like they probably won't last very long if used for more than an occassional point and shoot. I wanted to stay within a budget when I purchased this camera. I'm definitely returning it and giving up some of the features to get what I really bought a camera for....good pictures! Problems: Battery life is ...