Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P51

Announced Feb 20, 2002 •

Purchased 2 yrs. ago for $250? Turned it on this month and could not take any pics due to the burned out LCD, $180 to fix is not worth it. I'm glad I took so many pics before this happend. It really is a shame sony can't fix it for free. Other than that, the camera was easy to operate with good pictures, nice flash, easy to plug in and send pics. This camera would be great for any first time digital camera buyers - kids and adults. Too bad it's discontinued (ha-ha) Problems: Really ...

The camera, had it kept working properly, would be a great one. I truly liked it the first year of ownership Problems: After one year of using the camera, the LED screen went black. I contacted Sony and was told the LED needed replaced and it would cost $176.00 to do so. This is ridiculous considering what I paid for it. I won't buy another Sony

This stopped working after 2 years and to repair I would have to pay more than half the cost. This issue has been happening to a lot of the p51 users.

Deorum

I had bought this cam as an entry level camera. For beginners it is just alright. Image quality (the basic element for judging a camera) isn't bad at all, without of course being nothing more than avarage. However it fills its purpose right because it's cheap, convinient and has easy of use.

recently bought DSC P51, instruction book in every language except english, so it was trial and error,but the biggest disappointment of all was when windows 98' refused to accept sony software so i cant down load my pictures. has anyone got any sugestions

Alana

I really can't offer anything useful other than to say that I absolutely love my DSC-P51. I bought it last summer and I'm surprised to see it's already discontinued, but I guess I was slow on the digital camera ball. I was entirely satisfied with it (and still am) and the picture quality is great. I only use the lowest resolution, though. I really don't need large images (take up too much space). Plus I'm always off on long trips so it's great to be able to store 80+ photos on one little ...

redmag

This isn't that bad of a camera when you first pull it out of the box. It felt nice in my hands and actually worked quite well for the first couple of weeks. After that was when the problems started to occur, thankfully I had paid for an extended 3 year warranty, so that saved my rear-end. It took some nice photos, as long as they were outdoor, but even then, the noise level seemed a little too high, but who am I to say? Heck, every digital camera has it's ups and downs, this just ...

Great 1st DC to buy. You can't go wrong with SONY.

carman

i have owned the sony dsc-p51 for a couple of months.it is very good little camera with great features built in to it.it is ideal for beginners and more advanced users of digital photography the software that comes with this camera is also easy to use. my ratings from 1 to 10 is. ease of use 7 photo quality 8 . i recommend this camera as a to anyone just starting out. Problems: i have not had any problems with this product.

einie

Camera worked as advertised for the first three months, which is the full labor/parts warranty. Then the problems began. Problems: Two weeks after the full warranty ran out the remaining battery indicator quit working and the control button got real loose. Sony wants over half the cost of a new camera to fix the problems.