Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P50

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •

At $400 I was scalped! My first digital camera and after I got it I thought I was going to have to re-learn photography, I found out my problem was really the piece of crap camera. Too bad I didn't find out ni-mh batteries worked until after I bought Sonys $100 battery kit. I really feel scalped and I will never buy another Sony product. Problems: Alkalines last about three pictures. Very very poor low light performance. Takes forever to snap a picture.

I'm a Technology Director in a school district. We've purchased several of these cameras. At first, like most I've found, we liked the camera. They were small, easy to use, and took pretty good pictures. For the price, they seemed to be the pick. Problems: We have been seeing a failure. E:92:00. Apparently, this failure is happening to quite a large number of people. Sony is aware of it, yet they are unwilling to help without charging half the cost of the camera. I won't be buying any ...

Zast

This camera is very bad when you take a photo indoor :( All photos are very dark I m disapointed with indoor photo :( Problems: Photo too dark when you take in Indoor

Warning ! this camera has an absolute quality problem. Got it at my office while using a nikon cp 700 at home. the difference is schocking, while my 4 year old nikon produces absolute a-quality photo's the sony produces only blurry, spotty and vague pictures. when sony was confronted they said the quality was to their standards ! Second to that the batteries drain in 15 minutes. My Nikon is somewhat slow but this sony is a bad deal.

Camera had nice apperance, and many options, it was difficult to program, it ate batteries like a starving man, I took it back the next day. Problems: Mostly with Best Buy where I purchased the camera, they charged me 15% return fee even though the camera did not work properly,and I was willing to get another brand, I bought a Fugi 2600 fine pix at another store works great.

I just this camera today from Comp Usa for $399 plus 5% tax and when I got it home, I loaded the battery and inserted the 4mb memory stick. I took 4 pictures and the battery was dead! Now what? I can't even test different settings, different pictures, movie mode, etc............ I am very disappointed in this camera's battery life! It came with sony brand "stamina" batteries??? Stamina? WHERE? A turtle has more stamina than this camera. Geez, for $400, you would think Sony would try to ...

This was my fisrt digital camera - You need a degree in nuclear physics to get anywhere with this camera, the instructions are hopeless -the only saving grace is the excellent quality of the shots (but no better than any other mid market camera. Problems: Hopeless battery life. Supplied with pathetic 4mb memory card- holds only 3 shots..get a life Sony. I got mine from Comet in the UK -OK I should have known better -the staff were about as knowledgeable as a piece of wood

image is only good at day time or with FLASH at a well lighted area. Camara it self was not too expensive, however, u must get 64meg and that kit (charger/battery/case) The camara's TWILIGHT mode SUCKS!!!!! really... i couldn't take one single clear picture with that twilight mode. Problems: twilight mode stinks. blurry pictures.

Excellent picture quality. Problems: Very poor instruction booklet. A lot of extra $$$ needed for the Lithium battery, charger , larger memory etc. The sales man was motivated by his sales commission and not customes satisfaction. It goes back today. For the extra $$$ why not just buy a camera that comes with all the extras.

I just purchased my Sony camera. I wish I had read all of your reviews before I did. I bought the camera, the insurance, the upgraded memory, a case and the floppy disk for my computer because I don't know how to install the UBS port. All of this cost $730 tax included. Now I've learned I have to buy the battery pack for another $100. I'm taking mine back. By the way the sales person told me it came with a rechargeable battery. Read the fine print!!! This maybe a nice camera, but not at ...