Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P50

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •

Camera had nice apperance, and many options, it was difficult to program, it ate batteries like a starving man, I took it back the next day. Problems: Mostly with Best Buy where I purchased the camera, they charged me 15% return fee even though the camera did not work properly,and I was willing to get another brand, I bought a Fugi 2600 fine pix at another store works great.

Bought this camera after reading the reviews on different sites, and wasn'r disappointed. Image quality is excellent, and the camera is very easy to use. Very good price/performance ratio. The only drawback is the lack of decent batteries and memory. A 4MB memorystick is rediculous, you can only fit around 5 HQ pictures on these. You also need decent batteries. I got myself a 64MB memorystick (+/1 80 HQ pictures), and some GP NiMH batteries + charger (http://www.gpbatteries.com.hk). Problems: ...

A good camera, but a lot of featurs are automatic and no manual. (time of pause...) Problems: How to use it under Linux, I see it but cant access.

This camera exceeds my expectations for its price. The flash is very good for a point and shoot, delivering bright and sharp pictures indoor, at night. Daytime pictures are great, so is the macro mode. I especially love the night mode. I will go nuts next time I am in Las Vegas :-). Problems: None.

We bought this camera over the Christmas holidays. We already have a Sony PC9 digital camcorder so the software and memory stick issues were mute. We decided to keep it in the family so to speak. Have used this camera for everyday pics where image quality and sharpness are not that critical, in other words , my wife uses it! being the techo geek she isn't..the learning curve was short and she has mastered the camera and uses it daily. she loves it. It's simple, uncluttered and with 3 Lith-ion ...

Mine just went for repairing for the 4th time yesterday and it's only 9 months old!! 3 times it was a problem with the zoom, once with the flash. NO MORE SONY FOR ME!! Problems: Zoom and Flash

Compact, light, point and shoot digital camera with a good provided record function even in twilight. It can record movie clips only limited by memory storage. The momory stick can be used with other Sony digital devices and easy to transfer datas. Camera accessories can be found at any electronic or digital device stores. Problems: 1) Slow focusing time esp. in low contrast scene even use a spot metering mode. I have a problem when trying to focus tissue specimens. 2) Consumes battery power ...

Love the camera, but.. Battery life is awful. Accessories are very expensive. By the time you buy accessories, you have spent about $500 dollars. Problems: No problems

accessories are outragously priced compared to the price of the camera the long life batt,ac charger and case are £105 yet i only paid 240 for the camera.overall a good camera packed with features & good results but let down on battery life & accesssorie costs but im happy with it all the same

i think this camera has alot of nice features, i like the different modes of color, b/w,sepia. the macro mode is far better than most cameras that are hundreds more in cost. the twilight mode is pretty cool also. i purchased the lens filter and extra zoom lens that makes for some great close up action. i am very happy with my sony so far. Problems: same as everyone i found out that you can't use regular aa's with this camera. i purchased some monster power rechargeable batteries 8 with a ...