Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P50

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •

Hade the camara for 5 weeks very happy Problems: none

I bought it 1 week ago in Holland, after reading the opinions on dprevieuw. I also bought some 1800 NIMH and charger for € 40,= and a memorystick-reader for € 35,= so the total cost are including the camera € 425,=. Ad up an memorystick of 128 MB for € 115,= and i'am ready. That's about USD 475,= total cost. Isn't that value for money ore what. It's very easy of use and also small but not too small for me. Problems: Don't use normal batteries they went dead in an few shots.

I've had it for 1 month and love it. This is my 2nd. digital camera. I'm still learning all the features, but I couldn't be happier with the quality of the pictures. Isn't that what it's all about? Problems: The accesories included are a joke. Buy the InfoLithium battery immediately. Plus a bigger capacity Memory Stick.

superb camera. i brought this camera after extensively reading reviews of all available products and am absolutely delighted with it. it is very easy to use and gives excellent vibrant pictures. i particularly thinnk the a4 sized pictures are awesome with no pixcellation at all. took it on a dog walk with a relative who had an expensive compact camera and my pictures turned out a lot more impressive than his with brighter definition full colour reproduction and perfect colour tones. i paid ...

The camera seems no differnet than the P-30 except for price. The extra pixels didn't make that big a dfiference if you just want to print 4 by 6 photos. If you plan to take develop 5 by 7 or larger go with the P-50 but if its just regular 4 by 6 the P-30 is a better buy. Problems: if you buy the battery, adaptor, memory and the camera will cost over 1000. for that price you can buy a better camera.

Good firstdig camera!! Easy menus' and navigation. Great features. Love this compact yet powerful digital camera. DON"T USE CHEAP BATTERIES. This thing eats them. Use a highquality battery. I myself use RayoVac Rechargeable NiMh and would highly recommend them. 1setbattiers took 150pic w/ 1/2 flash on w/in 2hour period. Digital zoom can make the pictures turn out all grainy(not all the time) Recommend tripod if using "Twilight" mode for taking pictures because there is about a 1-2sec shutter ...

Go out and buy yourself some Ni-MH. batteries. I went through 3 sets in an hour or so. The Ni-MH lasts for a lot longer, paid £18 for 4 batts & charger. One shop told me it would cost £118 for the starter pack if you can get hold of one!! Other than the poor battery performance of alkalines its a great camera & easy to use too. You will need to buy a 32+mb memory stick, come on Sony don't be so stingy with the 4mb memory stick as supplied. Problems: Eats alkaline batteries.

Great camera, excellent pictures, printed posters uto23inch, excellent print. Very easy to use. I would have loved a little more powerful flash. Excellent buy. Problems: Dies very soon with alkaline batteries. Anyone buying this should immediately set aside money for more memory and infolithum battery and charger(Sony should include it with camera)

Fairly happy with it even though the price has dropped $100 since I bought it in December :o( Am I the only one that bought the AC-VQ11 adaptor/ charger and discovered it won't connect to the camera? This really ticks me off since it is a recommended accessory for the cybershot on Sony's and nearly every dealer's website. Problems: Camera is reasonable but accessories will kill you. Don't buy the AC-VQ11

I did my research and was prepared for the low memory and alkaline batteries and factored that into the price comparison with other cameras. With that taken care of, I'm delighted with the P50. Colours are excellent and the lense is extremely sharp. The detail in macros is fabulous. The PTP mode for moving the images to my XP is great. No drivers needed. Problems: Carry the manual with you for awhile. There are so many settings available that it takes some time to learn and you can end up ...