Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •

This was my first digital camera. I purchased it by and large to replace my rangefinder snapshot camera since it was about the same size and ease to pack around. I could also use Adobe Photoshop Elements ver1.0 to process the pictures rather than get a CD from the lab. I very much like the memory stick system that SONY uses for storage. Problems: The lens assembly motor failed on me after just two years which warrented a $150 repair bill

I bought this camera only because it allows the attachment of a wide angle lens that I already owned. I found that I also had to purchase a lithium battery (the camera did not include a battery) and a case. Even with the lithium battery the charge time is poor. The flash takes at least 30 seconds to charge for each picture. The camera body is plastic and feels cheap. On the positive side, the camera is easy to use and the picture quality is good but, these 2 positives do not outweigh the ...

Jan07

i pay for this cam 09.2001 in Austria 290,-EUR. Simillar cam costs 390-450 EUR. The bat is ok. 1800mA bat i make 100 pic at day and 50 pic by night(display off). Problems: if I make inside photos(in room) or in the evening, it makes small white dots(0,5-2mm on a 10*15Photo) on different parts of the picture, but not on all pictures.it looks like small whater dots. Sony-Austria dont know that problem and dont know some results for this problem. they changed 5X times the chip and optic. can ...

Shenny

I was pretty delighted when I first got this camera as a back-up camera. It's very easy to use and the picture quality is good. I had much confidence in the brand and expected no problem. This is my fourth camera. I bought an infolithium battery and even an extra memory stick. I had much confidence in the camera that I decided to bring just this camera and a laptop for my vacation. But just 5 months (of sparce) usage, the camera started giving error message! Problems: The camera started ...

josh bo

It looks so good and fits my pocket so well. Two AA batteries go so fast and last only two - three minutes. I tried three different brand of batteries (new). They behave so consistent. The camera shouldn't have been put into production. Luckily, I got my refund.

It is a good camera for that price. Very compact & sturdy. Alkaline battery life is very poor but If we can have one Ni-Mh battery with charger (That is available for $24.00 in market) power problem will be solved. Image qulity is very good in day light. Problems: Unable to take pictures in night, very poor quality, I tried to take pictures in Niagra falls during light show in night, I couldn't take any of the shots.

4 Minute Battery Life Problems: I owned this camera for 12 hours before I returned it. Two alkaline batteries lasted 3 to 4 minutes. This is not figurative. This is actual time. Wow! I didn't know it was physically possible to drain a battery that quickly. My next attempt at a digital camera purchase will involve taking batteries to the store for a tryout.

I attach a 37mm 0.42x wide angle lens to my P-30, it give me lot of fun, this is the main point I choose this Digital Camera. Problems: Flash light need to recharge a few seconds.

the battery usage is ridiculous!! dont buy products like these which force you to buy even more sony products all just to decently use the product u bought in the first place!!! Problems: battery usage sucks!!!!!!!!!!

to buy the camera £235 about right price,to buy the mains adapter £131 and thats not includeing the battery is a rip off so be warned so to get the full kit its £400 not so good sony !stop blushing in the corner