Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •

I got one with the stamina kit from ebay. This camera rocks with the infolitium battery and 32mb stick. Recommended.

Have to admit I'm amazed they got allthose connectors on this thing so neatly. On the other hand its almost to small for me to hold correctly - I'd recommend trying out the feel at a store before buying on internet. I like all the features, except the surprise that you HAVE to have Win98 or better for the software to work (my machines w/USB were on Win95). I really like the movie mode - fun, not serious, small enough files to post on internet. I get great picture quality for a 1.3M. I ...

Sony is still Sony There are some drawbacks as people have stated. The memory card at 4mb is a joke, and the AA alkaline batteries are virtually useless. However, I did notice if you want to just shoot basic pics with the LCD OFF and the POWER-SAVE mode ON, you can snap about 20 pics or so, on all minimum settings. However, you can get $99 cameras to do that too. After a real power supply and some decent sized memory cards (all of which can be had for around $120) the camera really shines. Yo ...

I live in Taiwan and spend about $220 for its well build and design in recent 1.3mega cameras.Generally it performs well but accessories are too expensive for a $220 DSC. Problems: USB cable can be longer.

This camera works for the price but, I notice when taking photos the images look kinda pixeled like the camera does not take crisp sharp images more like blocks. Problems: Sony should be ashamed for not giving a Infolithium battery!

I bought this camera as a "cary around anywhere camera" I have taken 2000+ pics with it and haven't had a problem yet. There are a couple of draw backs though, battery life on AA cell batteries is minimal so factor in the cost of a battety and charger (about $100 for the starter kit including the case). The 4mb memory stick is rediculous, I get a maximum of 5 images on the highest setting and 54 images on the lowest setting. I bought a 64mb stick before I took my last trip and was able ...

I owned an agfa cl18 before this and i can not say too many bad things about this one yet it has not died on us yet. The only thing i did not like is that you have to purchase the battery pack seperate form the camera. Problems: nothing yet

Very good camera for the money, only problem i can find at the moment is the battery life. i believe sony should have included the battery pack and the ac adaptor in the box when is was sold for another $50.00. Its does allow printing of very good quality 8x10 pictures.

Problems: bitte um Zusendung einer funktionsbeschreibung in deutscher Sprache für die DSC P30

This was my first digital camera and i love it.I checked the internet because i was actually thinking of getting the sony battery pack(quite expensive)and saw the reviews about the nimh AA batteries.i got a charger and 4 1600mah batteries and they last an incredibly long time even with the lcd and flash.I'm glad i didnt waste the extra money on the battery pack.My one complaint was the tiny 4meg memory stick that comes with the camera.If you are going to purchase this camera get a larger ...