Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P30

Announced Feb 9, 2001 •
matteo

good for intro to digital word very easy to use good quality of pics a lot of features for a 1mpx camera Problems: it a battery sucker!! the memory is only 4mb the flash is slow to charge and shot to a short area the LCD dispaly is dark

josh bo

It looks so good and fits my pocket so well. Two AA batteries go so fast and last only two - three minutes. I tried three different brand of batteries (new). They behave so consistent. The camera shouldn't have been put into production. Luckily, I got my refund.

It is a good camera for that price. Very compact & sturdy. Alkaline battery life is very poor but If we can have one Ni-Mh battery with charger (That is available for $24.00 in market) power problem will be solved. Image qulity is very good in day light. Problems: Unable to take pictures in night, very poor quality, I tried to take pictures in Niagra falls during light show in night, I couldn't take any of the shots.

necessary software for transfer file from camera to computer difficult to use it so bad .. Nikon is not necessary to use software ,can link direct to computer . to

4 Minute Battery Life Problems: I owned this camera for 12 hours before I returned it. Two alkaline batteries lasted 3 to 4 minutes. This is not figurative. This is actual time. Wow! I didn't know it was physically possible to drain a battery that quickly. My next attempt at a digital camera purchase will involve taking batteries to the store for a tryout.

I attach a 37mm 0.42x wide angle lens to my P-30, it give me lot of fun, this is the main point I choose this Digital Camera. Problems: Flash light need to recharge a few seconds.

Great value for the money. I purchased one for my Father (a complete novice) to use for online publishing. He loves it and so does Mom ( a professional photographer)! He gets everything he needs out of it and she gets to keep her high end gear to her self. Problems: Both conventional Alkalline/ Ni-Cad batteries as well as the Sony Lithium Ion batteries suck. Use Nickel Metal Hydride rechargables for the best result. 150-250 pics with all the bells and wistles is par.

excellent digital camera for a starter. if you have this one, i recommend getting the AA rechargable batteries. just make sure that you get the nickel-metal hydride type (NiMH). they will save you $$$. i went the whole day with a set of 4 rechargable batteries and took over 200 pictures. Problems: shutter speed not long enough drain batteries too fast (solution: got the NiMH batteries)

I’ve had the P30 for about 2 weeks now and I’ve already taken over 800 pictures. I shopped around for quite a while, looking mostly for a >2MP camera. I eventually found a great deal ($300 Canadian, about $200 US) on the P30 and decided to compromise on pixels. After looking at the photos, I quickly realized that 1.3 MP was not a compromise, it’s exactly what I needed. I’ve printed some absolutely amazing 5x7’s and some very decent 8x10’s. When I first ...

I just bought the DSC-P30 for $200, and I must say, this is a great camera. I'm getting into Photography, and this camera is a good entry-level one. The pictures are sharp and crisp, and there are decent amount of options you can set. I would reccomend getting a bigger memory stick, and infoLithium S-series batteries. On the 16MB card, I can take 41 photos @ 1024x768, Fine Quality. Overall, a great digital camera for amatuer photographers! Problems: Problems: *Eats Alkaline batteries - Get ...