Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P2

Announced May 29, 2002 •
Milo

I've had this camera for about a month now. It's rugid, and ultra small - but still with a 3x zoom which is great. All the menu's are easy to use and it has many features. The image quality is good, but not as good as the Nikon CP950 I used to own. Still, very acceptable. Problems: The cover over the connections is terrible. I feel as though it will break very easy. It's expensive, but you do get a lot of camera. Still, I think $399.00 is too high.

This is one of the best compact size 2MP camera out there right now. Even it is in the same series as P7 and P9, the macro capability of P2 is better than P7 and P9, and way better than P71, even they share the same lens. Indoor flash shot is pretty good when you set the flash level to high, otherwise it is kind of dark. White balance presets is a very useful function that was lacking in the previous generation of P series. P2 is not metal body, unlike P7 and P9, but it feels lighter ...

This camera is great: its small, compact, durable and very easy to use. I espcially like the multi burst mode. Problems: I tihnk maybe they could have put the "DC in" outlet on the side of the camera instead of the back of the camera, that way I can charge and use the camera at the same time without having the cord in my way.

Perfect for any type of amateur photography. Image resolution is good enough and very good quality. Battery life is excellent. Rechargability is quick. Picture taking is quite quick. Very easy to use. Problems: Need some linux drivers.

Biggest suprise I had with this camera was its way cool video recording feature. The sound and quality was much better than what I'd expect in a little camera like this and you can film for as long as your memory stick allows. The camera is put together very well, much better than all the other brands I've handled (please ignore the guy who says this camera is not made of metal... I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion...) Pictures turn out nicely with decent lighting and the flash isn't ...

emuman

They used batery because the LCD consumes many power and AA bats are in a way too limited Problems: it's cool to conect the video signal to a TV and point the cam to the tv :)

If only they could use standard AA batteries. Wonder why Sony keeps flip flopping between AA and lithium-ion batteries. If they use AA they take out the sound.