Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P1

Announced Sep 12, 2000 •
winzi

Resolved my battery problems with the P1: I have used the Sony DSC-P1 for almost 2 years and took almost 10'000 pictures so far. The quality of the pictures is surprisingly good in good light condition, shooting clear flash pics in dark rooms can be tricky. The P1 was a very nice way to get introduced into digital photography and I am currently looking to upgrade for a more sophisticated model. Problems: As many others I encountered BATTERY problems within the first year. I complained about ...

javis

.great camera, compact, fits in your hand and stylish Problems: .no problems, BUT moved house and can't find manual. If any kind person can e-mail the instruction manual to me I would be very very grateful. My mail addy is: javis@ziplip.com

Had this camera for 2 years. Never have any problem. I have a friend who had his P1 charged and last for 1 minutes. I guess the internal charger is screwed. I always use the deskop charger and my camera condition and function is 9.9/10 Problems: None

My second Sony digital camera. It was a lot smaller than my Sony FD-91. That makes it more available for photo opportunities. It's memory stick capability is better than the floppy size provided in the FD-91. Battery time is exceptional. Pixtel count is acceptable at 3.3 mega pixtels. Problems: Focus indoors and low light is miserable. Shots which appear good on the LCD are routinely out of focus under those conditions. Anyone want to buy a camera cheap?

I have DSC-P1 for one year and I'am celebrating the 10000th picture made from high mountains passing tango show down to karst cave 250m under the surface. Camera is perfect to carry, with fast charger and memory stick mouse I also avoided all problems with unpractical connectors for feeding and communication. Problems: Flash is neigher efficient nor practical. I nedeed few months to adapted myself.

Everything is fine except the chromatic abberation. 've been shooting tree branches this fall (in an old city with old buildings wich make great pictures together), but the purple stuff on the edges of the branches is sooo bad! The P5 and Nikon 995 suffer from the same thing. Fortunate for me the SonyDSC F707 is far better, as that's the camera I want next. But what do I hate the purple fringing! That's item no1 to check when buying somenthing new. Problems: battery dead, replaced by Sony

Great camera to slip in your pocket. Picture quality excellent especially on my 32"TV played direct from the camera Supplied memory stick excessively small. Need 128 MB Battery life too short and restrictive for a day out. Long charge time to max charge. Now taliking myself into a DSC-F707 Don't like the "mickey mouse" jack cover( construction would be "excellent" if not for this. Bought in Thailand for equivalent of $800 so not good price compared to US prices Problems: No problems, only ...

AlAboos

READ THIS REVIEW B4 YOU BUY. I was amazed when I saw design of this camera and I bought it with no doubt as soon as received the money. Very good camera. I loved the design but I didn't know it's gonna help me take blury pictures. Picture quality is superb as long as you have enough light and when gets a little dark auto focus fails so you'll have hazy pics. If gets darker you'll notice that it's built-in flash is not even enough for shots 10 feet away and you need to be closer. About it's ...

Mike

I took a chance and bought mine on e-bay for $385. Well 3 months later I'm still pleased. Also I saw some people mentioning cases, and mine came with small padded case by a company called Clive that fits it like a glove. It also has snap-hook on it, so I seldom leave the house without it hanging from a belt loop. I had purchased a 64 Meg mem stick prior to receiving the camera. The 8 meg mem stick was so insignificant that I didn't even care when I lost it on a camping trip. My previous ...

Have it for 6 months now, took about 2500 pictures. battery lasts thru whole 64M memoery stick. Excellent user interface; cool mpg (yet short) movies; Easily connect to PC. Great point and shoot, worths the (pricey) money I paid for. Problems: Original NP-FS11 Battery just died. Sony replaced it no questions asked.