Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P1

Announced Sep 12, 2000 •

I have been using my camera for about 6 months regularly. Due to its compact size, I was able to take it almost every where with me, and even to places that I wouldn't want to carry larger camera around like going on a formal dinner or casual outings with friends. I can't imagine going on a casual night out while lugging larger camera around, make you look like the photographer for the group. DSP 1 allows me to put it in my pants pocket or if you want you can buy a pretty small well padded ...

Jerome

Probably the best compact 3.3MP Digital Camera in the market today! Well built and very fun to use. The compact lense is not as sharp as the Carl Zeiss lens on the S75 or S85 but does the job. You can take this unit anywhere because of its size! - You cant take the bigger cameras any where conveniently. I take my camera everywhere! The unit came with a 8mb memory stick which is a big disappointment! I bought a 128mb memory stick and have not looked back ever since. The included MGI software ...

johan

Photo't are good, movies are bud !! When you make a movie in a silent area you'll hear the auto focus engine in the background !! I've called Sony about it and every P1 has this problem. The new P5 has manual focus which will cover this problem. If you also have this problem let's collect this and contact Sony with a lot of people about this bug.

I'm new to digital imaging. I like P1 'cause of its compact body and beauty shape. I also use SONY CLIE, so I can share memory sticks with them. Problems: Cannot directly insert MS into CLIE PDA to read my pictures.

This is a great little camera! Fit and finish are excellent! In addition it has that wow factor. I've brought it along with me to several clubs and concerts in the Pittsburgh area and it's been extremely helpful in breaking the ice. My only complaints are that it has no full manual option or long exposure over 4 seconds. I dabble a little in astrophotography and the long exposure would help me grab what little light is available ... otherwise no complaint. You will be completely happy with ...

FredHK

Ok this is my first digital camera or any camera for that matter. Everything was very simple to use and it takes very great shots. I love how small it is and very handy. I get 82 mins on full charge need to buy an extra battery though. Definately cool factor!!! Being a newbie to camera world this camera makes me want to learn how to take great shots! Very inspiring! I have no buyer's remorse whatsoever!! I'm glad I chose this over the Canon! Problems: Nite shooting still learning how ...

Ok, its my first digital cam althoug ive used a few and no one matches this one, 2 things to point out, the 8 meg memory stick is just nothing (it was better to make a cheaper cam and buy the stick apart), the cam could have a bigger mem buffer to make some rapid shots Problems: 8 Meg Memory stick sucks

1) Small in size 2) Good quality in photo (day shoot) 3) Very good quality in 15sec video 4) Easy to use, high-level user firendly Any accessories for this camera? (web site) Email to me: 98390606@sinaman.com Problems: 1) Bad quality in photo (Night shoot) 2) Short battery time 3) Can't add filter 4) Slow speed in preview photo 5) Slow in auto-focus

This camera was an excellent choice. It is the perfect size to carry anywhere. I ordered online and paid about $550 for the camera alone, and about $800 for the camera, 5yr warranty, 64Mb stick, extra battery and 3 day shipping. Problems: A MPEG length greater than 15secs @320 would have been great (and i am not looking for the 8fps MPEG EX) Battery life is somewhat short (compared to my MVC-FD7) but the small size compensates.

i love this cute little thang, its very easy to use, and the zoom is very good, the lcd could have been a bit bigger but over all vvvvv good Problems: nope