Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P1

Announced Sep 12, 2000 •

I have had the camera for about 10 months and I have had a number of problems. The camera has been in Service once and is going back in for a second time. Picture quality seems not what it was when orginally bought and I have the random battery drain problem that is talked about in the forums. This problem is real. I Love the size of the camera and its features, but the reliability is very questionable. I have already lost precious moments do to the random camera drain.

very good camera Problems: no problem so far

it is easy to use but there some diffclties when used with the pc Problems: the full date and time is not displyed the month and year cant displayed yed

Had this camera for 2 years. Never have any problem. I have a friend who had his P1 charged and last for 1 minutes. I guess the internal charger is screwed. I always use the deskop charger and my camera condition and function is 9.9/10 Problems: None

Bought camera to shoot pictures while diving since Sony makes a nifty UV housing capable of going down to 30m. UV-housing very well made - Camera , DSC-P1 is USELESS !!! Problems: Camera unable to focus left and right side og field at the same time. SONY claims camera is within specs !!

i have no problems with the images. and the features (mpeg, etc...) are cool. size? perfect for amateur photobuff like me. point and click ease is wonderful. Problems: problems? MEGA!!! it's the batteries. after a few months, it refuses to charge beyond 1 minute. What's up with that? I was proud to own it for about 3 months. and now i hate it. Sony should be made liable for this. Does anyone know how to reach someone in charge there?

My second Sony digital camera. It was a lot smaller than my Sony FD-91. That makes it more available for photo opportunities. It's memory stick capability is better than the floppy size provided in the FD-91. Battery time is exceptional. Pixtel count is acceptable at 3.3 mega pixtels. Problems: Focus indoors and low light is miserable. Shots which appear good on the LCD are routinely out of focus under those conditions. Anyone want to buy a camera cheap?

Zangief

Solid camera, poor focus shots in dark. Poor compression of images on memory stick (paint shop pro reduces image size to 20% of original without loss of quality). Best feature is size and portability, also underwater Marine pack is fantastic - get close up shots of those starfish!!! Need I say it? 8mb? Come on Sony, your ploy to get us all to buy bigger memory sticks (although it worked) was transparent as glass. Problems: Battery seems to go from 60mins left to empty very quickly. Duff battery?

I have DSC-P1 for one year and I'am celebrating the 10000th picture made from high mountains passing tango show down to karst cave 250m under the surface. Camera is perfect to carry, with fast charger and memory stick mouse I also avoided all problems with unpractical connectors for feeding and communication. Problems: Flash is neigher efficient nor practical. I nedeed few months to adapted myself.

I have used the DSC-P1 for the last 4 months and have got some really good results from it, although taking pictures with the flash has not been so sucessful. For low lighting ive used a tripod, and have got some outstanding results. Check some of my digital pics out: http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=84828 Problems: Just a few problems...The LCD screen gets scratched very easily, abd i have had problems with the battery connection with one of my batteries. Sometimes it dosent ...