Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300

Announced Feb 20, 2013 •

See my review here: http://arijaycomet.com/2014/05/23/shootout-sony-dsc-hx300-versus-canon-sx280-hs/

I have both HX200 and HX300. particularly for using as digital telescopes. since i m dslr nikon d800e user, in my eyes, their IQ is crap. but HX200 old model has better IQ and IS. Sony is greedy and push a lot in HX300. if u r thinking travel superzoom why not try pana fz70 new model?

Having owned this model for approx. 3 months now, am impressed by the awesome zoom, although it takes some getting used to properly locating subjects like the moon in the viewfinder. The zoom also makes close up pix of hard to reach subjects so much easier. Magnolia flowers 15 feet up a tree are a snap now, with a good tripod. Having used a DSC-R1 previously, the LCD swivel range is a big let down. I find I have to accommodate its shortcomings, rather than being impressed by its range of ...

Coguar

Everything is improved over Olympus super-zooms, My friend is very happy with this purchase. HX300 looks & shoots great. Tracking focus is great for sport & kids... Zoom is also great