Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F88

Announced May 18, 2004 •

My first digital camera was a Sony DSC-F1 back in 1998. This camera is based on a similar design (rotating lens), but the quality has come a long way since the initial version of the camera. The construction is very good, and handles very well. The power consumption is good, maybe because of the small screen, which is ample. The best feature by far is it's macro capability, brilliant. There are better cameras out there for the price, but the design is great. Problems: The video is a non ...

da'vi

Great camera.... Fast, Compact, Great Image Quality. Problems: I Wish it had Bluetooth or WiFi.

jasony

I do not own this camera, a friend of mine does, but it's so easy to use that I didn't even need a single look at the manual or an explanation. All it does is take great pictures fast. Problems: Annoying shutter release button.

error

I've only been playing with this camera for one day... but it's a great product. The rotating lens is a fantastic invention and the magnifying glass function very, very usefull if you like macro close-ups. I've used the DSC-F1 and the DSC-F77 and these series keep getting better. Image quality is again better than the DSC-F77.

6x7

This is a camera that I can't live without! For my professional use I work with a large SLRS camera, but I always just have to have a small camera in my pocket. The camera is almost identical to the DSC77 but now has 5 milj. pix and a zoom, which was the main reason for me to upgrade. But the absolute must have feature is the rotating lens. It great to work with the camera at waist level and look from above on the LCD screen, like prof. photographers used to do with the large 6x6 cameras. I ...