Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828

Announced Aug 15, 2003 •
8 megapixels | 1.8 screen | 28 – 200 mm (7.1×)
Raymondba

Well, Its rather light and it takes really good photos whitout having to know anything about photografy!

I acquired and F828 early in 2005 I acquired the bouncing external flash to go with it. I love the lens pivot feature and buttons to activate spot meter, very SLR like. But it has to be said that the image quality was awful, so much colour fringe distortion it was mind blowing. The camera is well made mine has been to jungle camps in India, Canada, Caribbean, and central america and all over the UK and East/West Europe. But most of the great images were ruined by the distortion, and you ...

I love shooting with this camera. It's inferior in almost every way to my Nikon D90 but the swivel lens and the 28-200mm "fast" lens is great for an all-in-one walk around camera. I love shooting from the waist and making almost no noise at all. The .jpg image quality is great. RAW mode is pretty useless other than for landscape work or any other time where 7 seconds between photos is okay. The battery life is excellent, the construction is among the best I've ever seen except for 1 small ...

jhatha

My first Sony Digital. Greatest feature in my opinion is the TRIM mode. Take a shot and work it over in the camera. That is what I like. Show me another camera, any brand, but Sony that has the TRIM feature that allows you to take a shot and then alter it in camera and SAVE it. Dare you. Jim Hathaway hathaway5522@earthlink.net Problems: No problems and it takes up to at least a 4GB card but you won't find that in owners manual.

cmanis

I have used it 4 years, great tool Problems: none

Everything is well for this f828. I bought 2nd hand but still in 100% working condition and well kept. Good quality picture captured many features to play around. There's even off market wide and zoom lens to upgrade plus using common battery for Sony. Problems: Slow when reading new high capacity memory cards inserted during start up might results to missed perfect moments to capture pictures. High noise on picture at ISO200 and above a bit annoying.

i have been using this camera for 4 years now. excellent camera i would say. anyone has recommendation or comment if i like to go for a external wide lense on F828? Problems: ISO noise

For me - It took some of my finest photos. The claimed problems never caused me ant problems.

I have to agree with Falcon828 and copy his comments here 'believe or not, you can not have an real opinion without using other brands on this class. Yes good photograph comes from a good photographer at 80 percent, and 5 percent is the equipment. So do not fool or cheat yourself by accusing your equipment. It is not the reason of your incompetence and your terrible photos. Photography is light and photographer in 95 percent.' Also, I would like to add that I have owned this baby for several ...