Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717

Announced Sep 2, 2002 •

Had it 1 1/2 years. Still love it.

delsym

Excellent image quality. The hologram is perfect. The zoom is quite smooth. Easy to use. Problems: No black-white and panorama, no raw, bulky.

ho-hum camera... ok but not worth its price... Problems: not ergonomically designed and too expensive

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 717. I took it right of the box and was able to take great pictures right from the start. I actually like the size in that I know that I will never just forget the camera. It is too big to just 'forget' about it. I love the manual adjusting of the zoom or focus. I love the laser focusing. I constantly am being asked about the camera too from strangers. So, if you like being the most popular guy when taking pictures, trust me, people will ask you about it ...

The best camera I ever had. Excellent optics, easy to use. Great quality of pictures in manual and auto modes. Very good, sharp and clear pictures even in total darkness.

TimW

Suprisingly intuitive, the Sony DSC-F717 exceeded my expectations right out of the box. I am amazed the significant image quality improvement of the Sony pictures over the 3.1 meg camera I had been previously using (and happily using I might add!). The added zoom and features lead me to the 717 and the current prices with the $100 rebate sealed-the-deal. Color me one VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER Problems: NONE

One of the worst digital cameras I've used in the past year or two. Sony needs to work on quality control before I go back to them. Between this and the 828 debacle, they're going to lose a lot of old customers like me to Canon and Nikon. Good riddance, Sony.

BUY this camera NOW! Problems: Wow, i'm a total beginner (first digicam, in fact, first camera) Sweet Jesus, this is worth every penny with the $100.00 rebate sony is offering right now. I got mine through pcmall.com (a little bit extra, but quick/cheap shipping, good CS) I've already been able to snap some pictures at night, which come out perfect, with no noise, and with the light exactly right. Sooo many functions, i've barely started figuring it out, the live histogram seems to make it ...

I've taken hundreds of shots with this camera here and in Asia. It has worked flawlessly. No complaints. Problems: I publish a newsletter in B&W. I wish I could take pictures in B&W. The marraige of the HVL-F32X flash to this camera appears to be a "kluge". Sophisticated 5 contacts on the flash with only two contacts on the hot shoe. One has to use a cord plugged into the camera and the flash to get it to work. So far, the 20-30 ft shots are overexposed while the 5-6 ft shots are fine.