Sony Cyber-shot DSC-D770

Announced Jun 30, 1999 •

My first digital camera, this was a fabulous product compared to others on the market. The 28-140mm equivalent lens was high quality and the wide end is perfect. Of course 1.5MP is outdated by today's standards, but it took good enough shots for the family photo album. One great feature is time lapse photography. I'm still waiting for a high end camera to included this feature. It was great at parties and events were I just set it up to take a picture once every 30 seconds. Problems: Noth ...

I've used this camera for 2 years--it never ceases to reward me. Problems: None--it has performed flawlessly.

Wow, I cannot emphasize how much I like this camera. It has a great slr feel. The Manual Focusing Ring and Zoom ring are the best thing about this camera. You can take toal control over your shots. Though it only has a 1.5 mp sensor, it takes awsome shots. Full aperture priority. This camera lets me totally and fully adjust teh depth of field, letting me take awsome sports and nature photos. ALSO this camera is SO great, it takes nearly ALL forms of removable storage. Including PC card ...

I have had this camera for over a year and I hardly ever use my canon with all those expensive image stabilizing lenses anymore...this is an excellant camera...I print out excellant 8x10photos on premium qality photo paper after I finally learned to program my printer{HP deskjet} Problems: none

I own two of these now. True SLR saves battery life. Totally automatic or manual, or combination of auto/manual features. Super camera. I am professional photographer, and for digital camea, its perfect in all respects. For the money you can't beat it. Anyone want to sell theirs, email me. Problems: None after 10,000+ pictures so far.

I use dsc 770 for my job since the begining (i had to wait for it), very pleasant and good image quality, but... Problems: A big problem with focus, I returned immediately 2 dsc 700 for focus problem & I receive in exchange the new 770. But after six month, same focus problem again, impossible to get a good picture in manual focus, when it's good on viewfinder result it's fuzzy. . I also don't get the same focus on the screen as through the view finder... The only way to get a good image ...

I recently purchased this camera, and I love it! Albeit, the picture comes out flat compared to other digital cameras, There is nothing like having control of the zoom and focus by turning the ring. In my opinion: Pros: Full manual controls, sleek design, easy to navigate, price, and ability to use other memory instead of only the Sony Memory Stick.. Problems: Cons: Manual focusing may need getting used to through the viewfinder, or LCD, resolution, saturation is not as bright as other ...

Great tool for photographers that like full control on what's happening. Maximum flexibility and versatility. Manual controls for anything. D700's focus problem fixed. Problems: "Green sky" - cyan cast on overexposed parts of sky

Use both as a field camera for sports and a a technical macro for dental images. Camera exceeds expectations. Image quality is adequate and size makes for a good balance between resolution and storage capacity. The battery and availablity of large ata cards makes it a wonderful camera for sporting events. Problems: auto focus is slow.