Sony Mavica CD200

Announced Feb 28, 2001 •

I owned this camera since last three month. I took this camera to India and took lots of pictures which turned out great. I am very happy to own this camera. Problems: The built-in flash is not very effected.

Owned for 5 months - great camera, good features, love the mini-cd storage. I took lots a pictures at a large family gathering (interstate). Simply copied the shots onto my relatives laptop. Overall I've taken about 750 shots. Problems: I miss a viewfinder, the screen is a bit hard to see in bright daylight. Expensive to buy in Australia.

Owned it now for a month, I have taken over 500 pictures. Just perferct every time I take a picture.

I have owned the 200 for about 2 months now,and I have found it to be a very good camera. It is nice to own a camera that gives you great quality & is inexpensive to use. The rechargeable battery is a nice feature (instead of buying other batteries that don't last very long).I REALLY LIKE MY CAMERA! Problems: NONE

Owning this camera has made me enjoy photography! I have always viewed cameras as a necessary evil to take with one on vacation, holidays, etc. I hated having rolls and rolls of film that I might not develop for years, and then pay for the developing of pictures I mostly hated. But with the CD200, my whole view of photography has changed. I love this camera! The pictures are great, excellent quality. The camera is simple to use for a novice like myself. Having the CDRs as a storage ...

I have been told "You should not have a camer" Not any more. That says it all. Problems: none

This is the best camera I've owned. Using it with the CD-RW disks is like having a 150 memory card, you're not commited to a picture. I love the amount of control you've got over the camera, the only think I'm not stoked on is that the control for changing the exposure and F stop is small and hard to use. It's a minor wart on a beauty queen. Oh and forget the list price, get on www.pricewatch.com, I got mine for $620 shipped.

This is my 5th digital camera. I have had the CD200 for about 2 months now, and have taken well over 5000 pictures (I own an adult website). The 2.1 megapixels are more than adequate for website work. Most of the time, I reduce the pictures to 800x600 anyway. The controls are very easy to learn, and the time between pictures is very quick compared to my last camera (Sony FD-90) at about 1 second per shot. At 1024x768 resolution, I can get over 300 pictures on a CD-RW on the highest quality ...

Chabba

After debating for several weeks between the CD200 and CD300 I finally decided to op for the CD200 and it's been great fun. I do sometimes wonder if I should have spent the £150 extra but I'd probably never use it or even notice the extra quality. I've just been using the auto settings at the moment and the pictures have turned out fine. I'll be slowly posting the pictures onto my website (www.madj.co.uk) and especially after my holiday. I've also tried the mpeg facility and outputting to ...

I've had this camera for nearly 3 months now. I took it with me to my vacation recently and took nearly 200 pictures, all at fine quality at 1600x1200. I am only unhappy with maybe 3-5 pictures I took. Mainly it's because of the lighting. But most of the pictures came out great. The good thing about this camera is the CD media. I can take 8 rolls worth of pictures on ONE CD-R! And I bought the CD-R's at $0.40 a piece! Imagine buying 8 rolls of 200 film at $3 a roll. On media alone ...