Sony Mavica CD200

Announced Feb 28, 2001 •
jinfulin

bought inexpensive (35,000 japanese yen=300 US). Plastic materials but well-made. Manual settings are easy to operate. write-in speed is acceptable. picture quality is good, superb macro shots. Big bright LCD is another visual pleasure. good grip-feeling in the hand. Long battery life. Problems: Bulky, not an ideal everyday carry around stuff. but quite suitable for indoor long hour use. Not all CDR/CDRW are working, should buy 4X speed only. excessive moving parts is a worry for long ...

Toaster

Good camera. I am satisifed with performance. Large LCD is good. Image quality is fabulous especially with flash or daylight and not that bad even without flash. Performs well in low-light situations w/ flash. Image resolution is more than sufficient for web. Navigation is not cumbersome. Good control options. Manual photo controls helpful. Movie clip feature is useful. I like Cd-r/rw media is convenient. I use it a bit (perhaps too obsessively!). Problems: Trouble installing Direct CD. PC ...

adam fraser

This camera has treated me very well. It has all the features an ameteur photographer could ask for as well as plenty of automatic features for when you just want to muck around with your friends. Takes decent shots at night, white balance is versatile, zoom is nice, stores tons of pictures per cd, macro is great, and best of all - all the features are very easy to access while the (good sized) screen isn't cluttered with them like some other digicams. Problems: MINUSES:using cd's for media ...

Earl H. Dixon

I am a retired Engineer who has been using various cameras with different formats, from 35mm to 2.25 X 3.25 for many years. My first taste of Digital Photography is with the CD Mavica 200. I've given up on all my other cameras! Why didn't this come along years ago ? I'm sure ther is room for the 5 megapixel camera for the pros and for the miniature cameras for those who don't want to bother carrying the weight of the 200. But for the rest of us this camera is THE ANSWER ! I'm Writing this ...

This camera does more then I will ever have use for. I don't know how I managed with out a digital camera for so long. The CD-RW are great and so easy to use. I like the fact that this camera becomes a hard drive on my laptop and I can read or right to it. Pictures look great and I like that you can record short memos along with the picture and also shoot short movies with sound. My ebay sell are going to shoot thought the roof with this little gem of a carmera. Problems: None so far.

I have had this camera for a few days now and have already taken 200 pics. It was remarkably easy to begin taking pictures with. The CD storage is excellent and cheap. I got it for $500 u.s. after rebates and cannot find a better camera for the money. I have recommended this camera to every on I know. Problems: instruction manual is pretty vauge. The software takes up alot of space on computers.

Julian Gang

I love this camera, in my college years I took 35mm photography courses and this camera doesn't want for any of the controls my Yashica had. Also, and this is the icing on the cake, the CD200 was adaptable to my Cokin filter system. I love this camera!...Julian Gang Problems: None have occured as yet!

Jara Koloc

I paid €720.- for the CD-200.Reading through other comments I see that € clearly does not work properly yet or is it really DEARO? The camera itself is very pleasant to use, the CD-RW is THE carrier to use in my opinion and for run-of-the- mill picture quality at 2MP is very good. The colors tend to be a little oversaturated but that is better than the opposite. Problems: No real problems. Curious about the coming CD-240.

After using my 35mm Nikon for 4 years, I'm amazed at the consistency and quality of photos this Sony produces. Exposure is always near-perfect, even in uneven light when I'm too lazy to use the spot meter. I love the macro, which works with the lens almost touching the subject. Disk access isn't much slower than a cf card, and handy at friend's homes to show off pictures of my kids on PC. I'll miss my Nikon, and all the money I have invested in it, but will probably never use it again. Problems:

I have bought a cd200 two weeks ago ( very very good price . 485 € ) . in the use manual is written I can't connect to my mac by USB but it isn't true . By control panel "DirectCD " 1.04 for MAC OS ( it was included in my old Toast 4) by adaptec I can , and computer read perfectly cd unfinalized as normal hard disk. Problems: not now