Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN

Announced Jan 10, 2012 •
Prime lens | Micro Four Thirds, Sony E (NEX)
leszeff

Probably the best lens for the money and superior to some more expensive one. The Panasonic 20mm is as good and faster(F1.7) but much more dearer. Love it on my GX1.

Eskilsson

Good lens, good price. Easy to have in a pocket. Problems: With the Panasonic G2 there where some issues with starting up, but with a firmware update, the problem where solved.

LucasO

I just picked this up for a song at B&H and can't believe what a good value it is with my Olympus OM 5. This is my first Sigma lens ever and am really impressed. I own the Panny 20mm and Olympus 45mm primes, but this is a fraction of the price of those lenses and has great build quality. Also the focus is much quicker, accurate and silent compared to the Panny 20mm. The Sigma bokeh looks buttery and the depth of field is plenty shallow at f2.8 for my purposes. If the 19mm Sigma is just as ...

racineur

I bought this lens for my EPL-1 and have no regrets doing so. Better than the 14-42 kit lens and way cheaper than similar lens from Olympus or Panasonic. IQ is to my liking. Just bought the 19mm f2.8 also. As far as the AF goes, I'm used to my EPL-1 slow focus so it's not an issue for me and I use the EPL-1 and these lens for casual shooting and fun. I use my Nikon DSLR when the going gets tough... Problems: None so far.

AM1975

I'm using it on a Sony NEX-C3 camera. It's very sharp, all over the field. Chromatic aberrations nearly don't exist. A great lens for everyday use. Problems: Could be more compact (Samsung showed it is possible, with f2.0 aperture and excellent image quality).

linux99

I've been using this lens for three quarter body shots under available lighting. It's a great focal length for that in a normal sized room and the (relatively) fast aperture means that you dont have to rely on flash. Only marginal downside I can see is there is a noticable lag between when you power up the camera and the lens being able to focus. Liveable with but strange. My big tip with this (indeed all 4/3 lenses for indoor use) is to buy a hand strap for the camera. I use Olympus bodies ...

wazandreg

I use this on a Sony NEX. I always found the kit lens decent at around 24, and passable at all others. However, I wanted a prime lens and was not that impressed with the Sony 16mm. Then the Sigma 30mm came along and I purchased this. I find it much better then the kit lens, and will stay on my camera. I swapped a Sony NEX 5 with kit lens for a Sony C3 and Sigma 30mm and it feels like such an improvement. This is mostly due to the fantastic Sigma lens. Regardless of price, I have owned ...