Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro

Telephoto zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha
Easy Rider

Initial impressions. Fast AF, yes a bit noisy but at the price this does not bother me. Great bokeh, very smooth and not busy. Good color and detail in photos. Great good light lens. Would need Image stabilisation handheld over aprox 150mm or a tripod. Good quality build, feels like a more expensive lens. Not much zoom creep even though no lock. Zoom ring feels good as does focus ring. I paid 97 pounds, and for this a well built and very capable good light lens. Happy days, will come back ...

If your objective is to get a telephoto zoom for the lowest price possible then this lens is great for its price (I got it for about 110e or $140). The value you get is surely more than the price you pay for it. At 70-100mm this lens is sufficiently sharp for casual photography but at 200mm and 300mm its sharpness drops to unacceptable levels for me. However the biggest problem for me is its slow autofocus but it's nevertheless correct and precise. The color I get from this lens is worse ...

I used this lense a long time ago with the analog camera F90 (N90 in US) Nikon. And I was quiet happy with it. Now, with the new Nikon D800, I was very suprised about the quality, speed, autofocus, sharpness (even in the edges), also when the light conditions are poor.

Martin1666

I purchased this lens in frustration at my low end Canon lens not doing the job . I was surprised how good this lens is for the price i paid for it . It feels nice to use it focuses fast and it is sharp too so much better than the Canon lens i replaced . Problems: None