Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Telephoto zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha
mdodson

I needed a telephoto lens to round out my set. I settled on the Sigma 70-300 instead of the standard Nikon lens primarily for the cost. This is the first time I've purchased a low cost lens and I was pleasantly surprised. The pictures are sharp. The lens works very well with my Nikon D90. If there was one thing I didn't like it's auto-focus. It's just a bit slower than equivalent lens and the motor is a bit loud. But, for the types of photography I do, this lens is just fine.

KN2Y

I have owned this lens for 3-4 years and could expect no better service.  Not the sharpest tool in the box but the most handy for any task... and I have many a lens!  Carry a big bag of 'em but if this tool is on one of my Nikons, it get the job done.

Perhaps this lens (as the Tamron equivalent one) is the first-time (and in my case, long time :-) ), cheapest telephoto lens, widely bought in addition to the standard focal-lenght kit lens. This lens, in the APO version I own, shows a quite GOOD optics; the a humble daily just photo viewing test, I really must say I get no cromatic aberrations, lateral coma or other visible distortions. A very good plus is the (not so really) macro function, that permits using this lens for a wide range of ...