PIX 2015

Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Telephoto zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha

This lens is too good to be true! I ordered it on Amazon for less than $200, and I'm using it on my D810. The lens is WONDERFUL for Zoom and Macro, and it is VERY sharp for it's value. Read again, it is very sharp for it's value. Using a remote trigger on your DSLR will allow sharp images without blur. Keep in mind that a lens like this zoomed out will be affected a lot by vibration on the camera body. For less than $200 dollars, nobody should even consider thinking about downsides. 5 Stars

mdodson

I needed a telephoto lens to round out my set. I settled on the Sigma 70-300 instead of the standard Nikon lens primarily for the cost. This is the first time I've purchased a low cost lens and I was pleasantly surprised. The pictures are sharp. The lens works very well with my Nikon D90. If there was one thing I didn't like it's auto-focus. It's just a bit slower than equivalent lens and the motor is a bit loud. But, for the types of photography I do, this lens is just fine.

KN2Y

I have owned this lens for 3-4 years and could expect no better service.  Not the sharpest tool in the box but the most handy for any task... and I have many a lens!  Carry a big bag of 'em but if this tool is on one of my Nikons, it get the job done.

Perhaps this lens (as the Tamron equivalent one) is the first-time (and in my case, long time :-) ), cheapest telephoto lens, widely bought in addition to the standard focal-lenght kit lens. This lens, in the APO version I own, shows a quite GOOD optics; the a humble daily just photo viewing test, I really must say I get no cromatic aberrations, lateral coma or other visible distortions. A very good plus is the (not so really) macro function, that permits using this lens for a wide range of ...