Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

Announced Feb 20, 2010 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sigma SA Bayonet, Sony/Minolta Alpha
Canon Shooter2102

Just come back from M43 to DSLR photography - Bought this to compliment my other two Sigma lenses - EX 10-20 F3.5 and 17-70 F2.8-4 Contemporary - using all 3 on APS-C bodies (70D & 600D). Being a "Canon Snob" and only ever previously using Canon L series lens, I was a bit apprehensive going down the 3rd party lens route especially as I had problems with some older Sigma lenses (Err 99 being a common). I was absolutely blown away with the IQ of this lens and the 17-70 (haven't used the 10-20 ...

botw

I bought this in lieu of the more expensive Canon mk II or the original Canon IS 70-200.  My copy is very sharp, focuses quickly (perhaps a hair slower than the Canons) and I prefer the color.  (Sorry, it matters).  I've been very pleased with it and the performance per dollar can't be beat.

Marius Shanzer

The lens balances nicely with my D700 and focuses well. In a line-up that includes the Nikkor 14-24 & 24-70, this is the weak link. Pictures taken with it aren't in the same league for edge to edge sharpness. Luckily, I rarely need to use it. It's unfair to compare a $700 lens to the Nikon equivalent which now runs $2100-2400. The updated Sigma is also likely much better. As of 2010, the third party alternative was a Tamron which got excellent reviews for its optics but poor reviews for its ...

Don Richardson

I shoot with a Canon 60D and bought this lens mainly for shooting indoor Rodeo. It does an excellent job with the fast action of the Rodeo. My copy is very sharp and OS works like a charm. At more than haly the price of the new Canon and still lower than the older Canon 70-200 2.8 IS it's a real winner. Problems: None

Although physical build is spectacular its not a good option for Nikon Users imo....Produces extremely washed out images and very soft at 200mm (DpReview on this lens seems to agree with me too). See my full review about my experience with this lens: http://www.anthonymickealphotography.com/1/post/2012/10/sigma-70-200mm-f28-ex-dg-hsm-lens-nikon-version-a-review.html

Great telephoto, was lucky pick up a new copy rather cheap. Feels great, finally Sigma decided to drop the old finish. Optically its better then Mark I Canon, but worse then Mark II Canon. If you can Afford Canon 70-200 IS USM II go for that instead. OS is very reliable (so far) had to send it to Sigma once for AF repair because it stopped working (after 3 months of using it). That is one thing that you always have to keep in mind with third party lenses. Out of all the lenses I had, Sigma ...