Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM

Announced Dec 4, 2009 •
Zoom lens | Canon EF, Pentax KAF3, Sony/Minolta Alpha, Sigma SA Bayonet, Nikon F (DX)

If your looking for a great lens for over all shooting, landscape ,macro indoor,portraits buy it. I use this lens on a Canon 7D and i will have to say it's very good over all,very little aberration and good resolving ability good contrast as well.The 2.8 is nice to have for me because i use a 8xND filter for waterfalls and some time i will stack a polarizer on the ND filter and it will still autofocus .

This lens with a Pentax K5IIs is really make the Camera Photos go WOW!! i was looking at a Tamron 17-50mm but when i seen this one  and what was said on line about it i had to go for it and i am glad i did..for the price and from what you get out of the camera you can't go wrong..

This latest version of the 17-70 line was designed to be a replacement for the very mediocre 1stOS version, the 17-70 f2.8-4.5. Like its predecessor, it is not an EX lens.  Sigma states:  The construction of the 17-70mm includes new TSC material (Thermally Stable Composite), which allows for increased durability as well as a reduction in size by 30% compared to conventional models. Two FLD glass elements, which have performance equal to fluorite, are incorporated with one SLD element to ...

Jim Forever

Bought this lens for my nikon D5100 over the kit lens 18-55mm. i am totally in awe with the performance.i had read acouple of negative remarks about back focusing,hood not fitting properly etc... but let me tell you i have faced none such problem at all. its a very fast lens and the performance is nothing less than stellar as comapared to its peers in the same class.am very happy to have picked up this lens. the macro feature is amazing too. i have shot two indoor events with this with my ...

NIAlan

I have had this lens for a while. Works great on my 60D. I hardly take it off the camera. Sharp enough for me across the focal length range. Great for landscapes...really can pop the colours. I find it can warm photos up alot if you don't watch the WB. Also a bit of CA in the outer corners can be a problem. Amazing value at this price. Just buy it and stop reading reviews!!!

serg596

Very good "walk around lens", nice optics, feels good and solid. Got it as a replacement for a kit lens. The focus is fast and quiet. Great value for it's price. Problems: A bit heavy what leads to moderate zoom creep.

I bought this lens a few weeks ago. I use this lens with my Canon EOS 600D body. It is a good substitute for the kitlens 18-55 IS II except when you're planned to take a lot of pictures with 17mm and f/2.8. Even with f/3.5 and 18mm the kitlens 18-55 IS II is sharper (interior pictures). For macro-photography and landscapes the Sigma-lens is excellent! I returned to the shop and replaced the lens by a second copy. The results are the same. Using f/2.8 the lens oftenly is front focusing even ...

Well, a solid, good optics, well stabilized, hand-comfortable lens, with a good focal range. As said, a good, cheaper than others, replacement of the standard kit lenses. Problems: A bothersome aspect of it's mechanics is that the heavy head makes the zoom go down when shooting downward... That's a small lever to block it at 17mm; but is not useful if you want to shot at medium focal lenght on a tripod...

JonMal

I bought this as a replacement for the kit lens on my Canon EOS 450D. I think it is a great lens and terrific value for money. A solid piece of kit, it balances well on the camera. I have used it for all sorts of shooting except portraits and I thing the results are really good. I got it about a year ago and it has not been off the camera since... I would recommend it to anyone with a similar camera. Problems: Don't forget to take the lens hood off if shooting with the on board camera flash!

kabatbut

ITS BETTER IN ALL ASPECTS THAN THE KIT LENSES... THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY... BUY IT AND YOU WONT REGRET IT.