Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

Announced Sep 21, 2010 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Canon EF, Nikon F (FX)

Good AF, fast focus, very good IQ at all FL, fabulous bokeh. Problems: It's long and heavy and the lenshood is a bit plasticky. Otherwise it's perfect. I use it with a monopod a lot. The OS gives me four stops for handholding

Being a Sony shooter I have both 70-200G and 70-400G, two of the best Sony zoom lenses. Once I tried the new Sigma 120-300/2.8 OS HSM (Canon mount, no Sony version) for a few days, I immediately sold off my Sony lenses, and get a Canon 7D as "lens cap" for it! Yes it's just that good. It's so good in fact I hardly use bare lens any more, instead I almost always mount Sigma 1.4x or 2.0 TC to it, so it's my affordable wildlife telephoto lens, and it's a zoom!

frapaodia

Non pensavo fosse così tagliente, si avvicina tantissimo alla qualità del Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VRII. L'AF è molto veloce e la stabilizzazione è ottima, non potevo sperare di meglio. Problems: Molto pesante ma gestibile a mano libera per tempi non troppo lunghi.

Truely a top shelf lens. I had an EF 300 f2.8 non-IS lens & this lens is sharper. OS works great & focus is fast. I also owned the 2nd generation EX DG version of this lens & this is by far better in everyway except weight. Focus is very accurate & dpendable. The finish is very smooth & feels like a quality finish. I have not seen any CA or ghosting with this lens & it is as sharp as most primes ..... almost as sharp as my 70-200L IS II. This lens also works very well with Canon EF II ...