Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro

Announced Jun 20, 2004 •
Telephoto macro prime lens | Canon EF, Four Thirds, Pentax KAF, Sony/Minolta Alpha, Sigma SA Bayonet, Nikon F (FX)
TheShihan

I bought this lense 6 years ago and owned it for 3 years. The optics were good tending to very good but what made look for another macro lense is the slow autofocus and also that I started to to dislike it that the tube comes out when changing the focus/macro size. Sure in macro photography you may tend to use a lot the manual focus but I like auto focus and used it a lot.. at least I use it a lot now with my new macro lense (the more expensive Canon 100mm 2.8 which has a fast USM focus and ...

Benoz

Very sharp, great bokeh, ideal lens for macro and portraiture work. AF is quite noisy but very accurate.

Takes good pictures, sharp when stopped down and good colour. Slow focusing and noisy focus gear motor. Bad construction. Had dust in it when I bought it for over $700 at the time. Not made for extreme conditions like Canadian winters. If you are looking for a work horse lens then look away. I will not buy another Sigma lens, this is a shame. I did think it's optics was good but the mechanical was not up to par. Maybe it was made on a Friday...LOL Problems: It has been in the repair shop 5 ...