Sigma DP1x

Announced Feb 20, 2010 •
pikseloza

I like the pictures from SIGMA DP1X. Lens is very good, excellent large sensor image quality at low ISO. This camera is extremely slow. Strange camera, but with a little patience rewarded with beautiful pictures. I sold LX3 to buy DP1. Now I think that it was good choice. Problems: VERY SLOW and poor high ISO image quality.

AdrianIsbasa

best pocket size camera so far.

-innovative Foveon X3 sensor technology -huge sensor for such compact body -superb color depth -extreme resolution comparable to "modern" 12-16mpix cameras with 1/2.33 sensors or even 1/1.6 -clean captures at iso50 and iso100 (entry dslr level) Sigma Dp1x is a fine-tuned version of Dp1s. In general, this is a second (all-around) camera of landscape photographer, like me:) I was looking for such camera whole of my life. It is a camera for me. I even like it more that 4/3 cameras for unique ...

jcollier

Photography is about image quality. Period!

villebon

Camera is not yet available for sale. Rating this camera at this time is futile and worthless. Dpreview should not allow this until the camera has been made available for sale!

Lofotr

Considering that this is a compact/pocket camera the Imagequality is just outstanding. Coming from CONTAX/LEICA analog cameras I applaud that SIGMA has just included necessary and helpful automatic funtions, not more, on the other side given me total control. Problems: A negative item is the bad display! On a bright day I can not see what is shown at the screen. A further item to be improved is the Photo Pro SW. The program stops after the Imagehandling. For further activities have I to use ...