Samsung Pro815

Announced Jun 2, 2005 •
amberwitch

This camera falls between two stools. It is too big and heavy to be versatile, and its features are not sufficiently adequate to make it, if you like, a digital medium format camera. Its sensor is too small for quality photographs, and its aperture range is limited. Also, the much vaunted large screen acts as a better mirror than viewer. Shooting on anything faster than ISO50 invites noise problems. I traded mine on a Samsung (OK - Pentax!) SLR, which is excellent.

Greg_Barker

The first thing I have to say is that if you wish to get the best use from this camera you will need two things: A tripod, and Photoshop CS2 (v9.0). As mentioned in the review here, the software that came with the camera simply does not work if you save to RAW format. Adobe's DNG Converter allows one to open these files (they will not look as clear as the thumbnails when opened) and adjust white balance, temperature, tint, exposure, shadows, brightness, contrast and saturation. This allows ...

Pedro Violindo

I am a Portuguese amateur photographer and I tried a group of bridge cameras inside of the same features, of among the ones which: Panasonic FZ 30, Samsung Pro 815 and Fuji S 9500. The panasonic FZ 30 I thought the balanced camera with an optical zoom worthy of 12 X, but unhappily it only allows ISO up to 400, however it possesses IS, being the only of this group to present this function, the image quality is great, but anything that doesn't surprise, however in the relationship price-quality ...

Pixel Peter

Hi This weekend I had the Pro815 in my hands in a shop and it was a shock for me to feel how heavy and clumpsy this camera is. The look and feel of the Pro815 is for me not okay. I have of cause no opinion about its image quality. I therefore Ii did not alter the ratings which in this forum automatically come up with the avarage 3.0 ratings. Best to you all Pixel Peter Problems: Does not apply

KaMcZaK

darcy: do you ask, how posiible is the brightness 4.0 at 420mm zoom? i can tell you - as the CCD sensor is smaller than 35mm film, the lens can be shorter. Of course in Pro815 it hasnt 42 cm, but f.e 80mm, what gives the same zoom. And if the lens is shorter, than the brightness is better. Problems: Another almost perdect camera. It comes ofter PaNasonic FZ30. I think it lacks stabilizatiion swivel LCD (it could be 0,5 ich smaller

eyepix

This camera has all the new features for other manufacturers to follow. The Pro815 has to compete with camera's like Panasonic FZ20 & the FZ30. The FZ20 has proven it's quality and the FZ30 is not a real improvement. Samsung Pro815 at the moment has not proven it's reliability and quality from 28mm to 420mm. Wonder how long the battery last with that size screen? Problems: At the Trade fair none of the samples could focus on it's Macro position. Shame on Samsung Netherlands/Europe I doubt ...

irwan sutjipto

hi, i read the brocure, and I fully agree that we see and wait for the result of the camera than we comment, and personally i love to try this camera as I have a good experiance with samsung's products. thanks irs

Oliver_Kania

Hmm .... No image stabilization 4.0 Max Aperture at the upper end. Is the upper end of the focal length usable without using a tripod ? Even if the camera automatically switches to ISO 800 it is questionable ... And I do want full control over all parameters like shutter , ISO etc. I would choose the FZ30 - IS and 2.8 max aperture on the whole focal length. Slightly less zoom but 12x is still a lot.

Peter0466

You've got to be fucking joking ! Are these posted by 5-year olds or what ? Pse add some descent comments.