Samsung Digimax 130

Announced Jan 1, 2002 •
stanmuffin

This is a no-frills point-and-shoot camera that is very easy to use. In theory, its 1.3MP resolution should be more than enough for e-mailing or posting pictures on the web. However, the images it saves appear so highly processed that they look unusable at 1:1 zoom. I frankly wouldn't be surprised if this camera had a 640x480 sensor and interpolates up to 1280x960. Low light performance is abysmal as well. Problems: Unacceptable image quality

Norb Kanter

I have owned this camera for over a year have had no problems it takes very good pictures very good battery life for a low price camera I dont know what anyone else could want. after reading the negative reviews some people make you wonder if they are looking in the right end of the viewfinder. cant go wrong Problems: None

My 3rd camera, bought it for RM640. Well, so far, image equality is quite good, only cannot take a good picture at night, flash is weak... :(. check at http://www.sabah.net.my/sabahsts/testphoto.htm for some image sample. Problems: Only one, will sometimes lock-up when transferring image to my computer. Have to open the battery, power button refuse to function.

Ricko

I can't believe how others say that this camera is crap. Granted it's not something you would buy if you were serious about digital photography but as far as cheap digitals go, its superb. All I bought it for was to take general photos when I didn't have my regualr camera with me. The pciture quality is great (as far as cheap cameras go) and I have yet to see a bad photo yet. I think those that say the quality is no good, must have their finger over the lens! Problems: The only problem is ...

This thing is by far the biggest waste of $130 I have ever spent. I thought to get it to take pictures of objects in an emergency for a school assignment and it's output in that application ranges from mediocre to absolutely craptastic. Even in sunlight or flash the output of this camera at even the highest resolution andf quality is unfitting of any application much less printing. In most situations it's noise filtering destroys all low-contrast detail while the on-camera sharpening ...

todd porter

great camera for taking pictures of objects , aweful at taking people . they seem to alway be blurry .

D Stanford

This camera does NOT take crap pictures, in fact proof of the pudding is in the eating. A number of pictures I have taken when edited in Elements have no need for repair. Outdoor pictures are superb. Easy to use, good value, great beginners camera, gave me the bug. Problems: Battery life could be better, LCD not good outdoors, no warning if macro is on, lack of lens cap, no movie mode or web cam ability.

This camera takes crummy pictures. I am taking this one back.

My first digital camera , so far 1300 pictures , solid [ I dropped it in the first week - no problems yet] , very handy and easy to use. For the price , and at only 1,3 meg only very critical users can complain about picture quality.It also has a nice solid feel to it compared to some wierd looking cameras available.I would recommend it as a first time digital for average user but not to the "keen amateur"who may want more features and optical zoom. see www.abchood.com/Desmond for pictures or ...

Got this camera as a christmas present, thought it was nice and neat just what you need for your first digital camera. Problems: The only problem I have is that I can't get the photos to load onto my computer straight from the camera. I have to go onto each photo and save individual. So if someone could please tell me what to do I would be really glad.