Ricoh Caplio RR1

Announced Nov 12, 2001 •

I purchased the RR1 six months ago after tracking down the seemingly last one available in Melbourne, Australia. I initially thought it expensive compared to other 4megapixel camera (I paid Aus$1200), but having said that, I am most impressed with it. I like the style and size of this individual looking camera. The ease of use is excellent for both the novice and the knowledgable. I'm one of the former, which means I sometimes get out of my depth with the plethora of settings available. Whene ...

W. Rucinski

RR1 is very handy. Have Excellent macro and text features. Good automatic exposure in day light and automatic white balance. The recorded voice is bad if played using on-board speeker or audio output (it is no problem - I bought Caplio as digital camera, no voice recorder). WAV files are ok. Problems: On the beginning of use - fingerprints on the lens!

Skitch

Please : read to the end. Because myself I'm surprised.... After one year of RR-1..... I posted two pics in the photo section. (See RR-1 ) It is picture N° 2443 and N° 2448 I took with this camera. I know this is not much... but my "little jewel" is "only" a back-up camera for my (now already old...) Fuji 6900Z. The camera is a RR-1. This "piece of camera" is with me for more than 8760 hours from now. Oops : I want to say : since I bought it one year ago I have it with me - day and night- in ...

david w gale

I have always used an SLR before now, but after using the Caplio RR1 I shall be putting the SLR away. Magnificent photos! Macro facility wonderful. I have many old colour slides and was thinking of buying a slide scanner, but decided to try a light box and the new camera. The results are stunning and far cheaper than buying a new scanner. I have also copied old B&W negatives to great effect. I now take more photos than before. so more chance of getting some GREAT shots. Problems: Should ...

Dick van Breda

I have this camera now for eight weeks and i buy it in the Netherlands. It's a fine and very good flat camera. Easy to use and great pictures. Excellent working macro mode (1 cm) Problems: none

Jon Cooke

I have had this camera for about a week now and I have just about figured out all its features. There is an awful lot to get through and the manual is over 100 pages. Having said that the benefits of spending time getting to know the camera have paid off and I have obtained some absolutely stunning photos. I have been absolutely blown away with the macro function which I have never seen bettered in any format it is out of this world !!! I have produced some studio quality pictures after just ...

Vera

I find this camera brilliant to use. from the well written users book to the short video clips. I have no idea what value for money means in a play thing.I did a lot of research before buying and could not be happier with the camera. Problems: no problems at all with the camera. bought a spare battery and instal my software wherever i can.

mikeS

Small,light and handy but very poor ergonomics.Why do they insist on making them so smooth and slippery.Also,it is difficult to depress shutter and hold still. Carry in pocket and it will easily be scratched or lost.Pictures are typical of any good 2.1 mpx camera.Better is available. Great if size is most important.Will return it soon. Problems: I dropped it 4 times into my lap while reading instructions.Had to put wrist strap on to make sure I would not drop it onto floor.Bet a lot get damaged.

Excellent combination of features for nearly all levels of photography. Great size and weight. Like others have said, you willl want to but multiple 129 Mg cards, second battery, AC adapter, and remote control. Problems: Problem was rapidly remedied by Fry's - excellent vendor!!

A Tostes

As you see ,it's excellent in all points.As a motobiker it's ideal for carrying, easy and quickly to use. What a shop!! Problems: The package AV interface cable is just a V cable. I can't understand !