Ricoh RDC-i500

Announced Mar 23, 2001 •
Derek Lee

A good DC many of us have been overlooked. We always talk of Canon, Nikon, Minolta and ....., but we seldom think of other brands like Ricoh. Luckily I find it in second hand market, but it perform exceptionally good. Merits: - accurate color - 1 cm super-macro - auxiliary shutter release button for vertical pic taking - large and swivel LCD which enable to take self portrait - unlimited length of movie clip with voice - unlimited length of voice recording - relatively cheap compared to ...

SoftDeko

8 page review of this camera - I was given it to comment on - normally I review software, from a users prospective. The learning curve was steep. Found it to be a snapper of a cam http://www.softdeko.com/ . I had software to use it with, hence the review of the camera. See SoftDeko Reviewer for a fuller write up. Apologise for the plug... habit. Problems: Only three: Battery, adapter and the user guides.

cliff shum

Overall this digicam is good compared to its counterparts of similar technological age launched in late 2000 / early 2001. Picture quality is good except for night scene: noise is high if exposure is longer than 2 sec. Red & blue dots will be found in the picture. Snapshot focus is a smart and covenient setting, though you have to re-set it after turning off the camera Problems: Long delay when shifting from off-flash mode to automatic mode

I have had this camera, my first digital, for 6 months & am delighted with it in every way. I love the shape, so easy to slip in a pocket. Ease of use, image quality & features are all excellent. No problems with battery life but best to have two. No problems getting pictures but I prefer to use a card reader than the software. Great to close the screen & save battery power. I got a 128MB card & volume is amazing, never worry about space. Very robust metal casing. Problems: Shutter action is ...

I bought this Camera 3 month ago - and I am very happy, I did so. This device is the best digital camera so far, I have ever had. Handling is very easy and picture quality is brilliant. Problems: Software for TIFF, with modem card only internal memory

Purchased camera in August. Took on trip to South Africa. Excellent Software(despite other reviews) Just use Inet Explorer using URL displayed very smart stuff using Expl. Alternatively use twain driver and acts as a Drive on system. quite good transfer rate. Used 64mb card and took 900+ 1096 pictures, 15 min of Movie and 10 min of Voice rec. Problems: Very slow to focus and take picture.. maybe setup. but when travelling in car push - shoot button - wait wait toolate scene has gone.

I like strange looking digital cameras. To my surprise, this little camera is very helpful and ease to use. It is my most favourite camera since I bought it. It is always in my handbag. Problems: Uploading photos through internet.

After playing around with many other models, i decided to buy this little thing, because of it excellent photo quality, its mobility (always in my pocket), it's ease of use and the excellent all in one philosophy behind this project! At last....a camera that doen't look like the others!!!