Ricoh RDC-5000

Announced Feb 18, 1999 •
2 megapixels | 1.8 screen | 38 – 86 mm (2.3×)

This has been my first intro to digital photography and I have been very impresased with the results. one complaint is "edging" where for instance mountains are against a blue sky.Also like another of your correspondents not enough manual control override. Problems: None

Holger Schmitz

Used it for 2 1/2 Yrs now, I am quite content with its overall performance. In light you can get good contrast, the resolution is fine, the reliability is very good.Battery life app. 1 hr continous usage - thats ok for me. The housing is solid and the LCD is protected. the mechanics are very reliable, even akfter lots and lots of pics. I never really regretted buying it. Problems: The autofocus never was good. Now after app. 14000 (!!) pics its even worse. Getting sharp pics in low light ...

Takes brilliant pictures. Sharpness very good. Very solid contruction (dropped it several times by accident; no damage whatsoever). Problems: None, except the auto-focus could be more accurate.

Auto-focus is terrible. Everything else is fine! Problems: Worst auto-focus I've ever found. If you get a picture on focus with this camera, it's a miracle!