Ricoh Caplio R3

Announced Sep 7, 2005 •
5 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 28 – 200 mm (7.1×)
armadillotx

Great zoom Large view screen Quick startup Great outside pictures Problems: Lousy lens cover, frequently jams over the lens View screen very hard to see in daylight Very grainy pictures for inside shots.

I bought 2 - one for my travel bag and one for my wife. Like the wide zoom range, small physical size. Not using as my primary camera, just the one that is always available when I travel as sometimes I don't take the SLR kit on business trips. Problems: UPDATE: Since getting both cameras back from repair of the lens guard about 1 month ago, I have put them through many, many on/off cycles - and so far there have been no further problems. Maybe this was a manufacturing issue that is now ...

Lee David

Very Fast, Versatile and Handy little camera. Great for Point and Shoot. Great for Macros. Only downside is slightly noisy photos. If not enlarging or creating prints greater than 8R should be OK. I'm using this camera for snapshots, travel and my blog. If you want to see some sample R3 shots, can visit my blog at kooshlog.blogspot.com