Phase One Capture One Express 7

Consumer Image Editor | Standalone application
Ron Zamir

Every program has it's pluses and minuses - but for me what counts is the bottom line- image quality, and this is where C1 is super good! it manages to extract the best out of an image and see small details that others simply cannot!

tar4heel2

There really should be two ratings for software reviews; one for image quality and usability. I rate C1 as 5 for image quality and 2 for usability. I am a long time user of C1, and when version 7 came out I was ANGRY that they did not also release the Express version.  So I moved to DxO Pro Optics 8 and couldn't be happier.  Now that C1 Express finally came out I downloaded the trial version and immediately am frustrated with the changes in the UI.  I never cease to be amazed at why software ...

M Colyer

Very basic RAW converter, lacking in many areas. This makes it barely worth buying. Upgrading to the Pro version whilst making it a useful bit of software also makes it twice as expensive as Lightroom 4. So I won't be upgrading mine. Luckily I was given this software!! Problems: No lens distortion adjustment or perspective adjustment as with Lightroom. So to obtain a finished image I have to run LR as well - sort of defeats the object.