Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM

Announced Jan 23, 2008 •
Telephoto prime lens | Pentax KAF2
Oom Julius

Sharp, light, sharp and did I say sharp?   I use it often for bird photography.  The other lens in my bag is a Tamron 70-200 so with these two very sharp lenses, I am almost complete but I am looking forward to using it with the new 1.4x extender.

ASR45

Very sharp & gives great Bokeh not heavy hand holdable solid piece of glass. Excellent contrast and vibrant color reproduction in keeping with Pentax's history of building excellent primes, focus is fast and weather sealing is second to none. Alan. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Mark Twain

Tbear2

This lens is built to last a lifetime. Auto-focus is very fast, accurate and nearly silent on my K10D. Sharpness is excellent wide-open at f4 and continues through at least f16 before diffraction begins to take a toll. The tripod mount is very well made and allows the photographer to flip the camera from landscape to portrait position with great ease. Color rendition is superb and the bokeh is like the finest creamery butter. I've already used it in mild rainy conditions with no adverse ...