Pentax X70

Announced Mar 2, 2009 •
svenfost

Extremely bad quality with low natural light. Dirty video resolution enhancement. I've had it changed as I thought it was deffective, but the new camera came with the same problems. Forget about inhouse and night shots. I've got a much better picture quality with a 3 years old low-end ultra-compact Panasonic, and a better video quality with a 5 y.o. $25 webcam. Problems: Radio effect with natural light (red and green dots) Over-saturated colors Too much contrast in black shades Dirty video ...

Robert Hepburn

I am very interested in this camera. I rated the camera only on other's opinions. However I am wondering about the EVF not having a diopter. What about those of us who wears glasses and without a diopter it may become difficult to focus. I would like to hear from someone who has the K70 and wears glasses. Problems: No problems 'til I actually use the camera on speculation in the store.

NoordHolland

Shooting some photos in macro and from 26mm till 624, and not using a tripot. (For a long distance it will be better). I must say the images are good till very good. ISO is quite usable up to 800. You must not be compared the X70 with a DSRL, but for traveling the X70 is very light and you didnot carry a photobag full with lenses. Problems: Till now no problems. Wishes: RAW. Head externe Flash.EVF diopter adjustment. And some small things in menu. Flash regulation aso.

flyinggabe

Just started using the camera, I love it. I actually put my DSLR on the shelf, planning to sell all my lens and DSLR's and SLR's. Problems: None.

Alfa155

Great Camera!!! Apart from my Pentax K200D which are, sometimes, too bulky and heavy for some of my trip. -I've got 250+ shots with one full charge in day time. -Great Zoom range. -Image Quality is pretty good compare to its class, almost match a DSLR!!! especially with ISO up to 400. -Image quality is excellent up to ISO400, and is still very good at ISO800 while ISO1600 is still relatively good. -EVF is clear & Bright, I use it all the time. -LCD works well, however, I rarely use it when ...

shoomer

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3993&review=pentax+x70 Pls see this review, ISO from 400-1600 is a lot better than canon SX1 and sony HX1. It's performance is close to DSLR.

nevada5

I owned the X70 for about 2 weeks and I returned it. During the 2 weeks I tried various settings and conditions and I was consistently disappointed with the image quality. I am comparing it to other compact and super-zoom cameras. I love Pentax cameras, I've owned 4 Pentax DSLR's and they always impressed me. But compared to other manufacturers super-zooms, the X70 was a let-down. Problems: Image quality disappointing. Menu system is archaic, as is it was created for the DOS system.

AlexM555

I was excited to get one of the first X70s when it became available on April 1st. I really didn't know what features it would end up having after reading the preliminary list. One of the things that impressed me that I didn't know anything about was the fact that Pentax for the first time that I knew of, included a dedicated auto focus assist lamp! No more raising of the flash to assist in focusing in low light. I remember reading oh so many reviews on DP Review how Pentax didn't have auto ...